Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Iris

In all due time, If you remember the doom game which was to come from this engine, I belive support for saving will come.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

Just built this map for a laugh, I have begun texturing and lighting it! It is a replica of the level layout from PacMan

I was really just wondering if there would be any interest in it from you guys, would you like us to try and include it in the release package?

Cheers,
    Fox
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Include all you can! The more the merrier!

Wow, this project is one of the things that truely makes it worth not upgrading. Will this work on a 1.0? I sure hope so. My 1.0 is seeing less and less action. Support for them is slowly dying out but I can't stand to upgrade it, even to 1.5.

Its not just the eboot version, I can convert between the two, I mean that some things just don't run on 1.0. It doesn't have enough files in the firmware or something. And that sucks!

You must keep the 1.0

I assume it would... I suppose you will have to wait and see.

PSP Coder

Hey everybody,

Well ealier today Iris was sent out for the compo. I hope everybody enjoys it & please go easy on me. This was my first real 3d game (Yes i am a comercial coder but I only do 2D Titles for GBA & DS). I'll try to post some screenshots of the game & maybe some video tomorrow.

Please note this is a work in progress so things will only go up from here. In the next week or so, I plan to release version 0.2 which will hopefuly address many issues and have wifi implemented (as well as improved bots).

As mention in the readme. I will post a document this week detailing how to include your own or favorite Quake 3 Maps and MD2 models. They do require a little modifying to work properly (also note quake 3 maps will be limited since I only allow for flat maps to properly work and practicaly zero quake 3 maps are flat).

Well do enjoy and lets all egarly wait for wragster to start posting up the entries.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock
    Include all you can! The more the merrier!

Wow, this project is one of the things that truely makes it worth not upgrading. Will this work on a 1.0? I sure hope so. My 1.0 is seeing less and less action. Support for them is slowly dying out but I can't stand to upgrade it, even to 1.5.

Its not just the eboot version, I can convert between the two, I mean that some things just don't run on 1.0. It doesn't have enough files in the firmware or something. And that sucks!
    oh I forgot to mention. 1.0 is a go !!!

Actualy included in the release are a bin for 1.0 & 1.5. As well the 1.5 bin is verified to work on 2.0 units. So all 3 systems will get to enjoy the fun.

guys i really would like to be apart of this assignment u think u guys can includ me or tell me wut to do

Well... I think things are cool as they are but if you feal up to the challeng make a single story map using GTKRadiant or Q3Radiant if you get a gooc map collection brewing up tell us. you can use the textures included or make your own, there should be more maps and textures included in every release :P wile we will try to keep the size low I will offer alternative texture packs to those who want them.

For those of you who wish to map for the game but don't have quake 3, I have an option for you!

you should download the quake 3 demo or! you can get Qfusion (a quake 2 engine that can pretend to be quake 3 Makes it easyer to run maps, But it requires Quake3 or Quake 3 Demo)

*[1] Copy your Iris textures into baseq3/textures (or baseqf/textures if you are using Qfusion) and your maps to baseq3/maps (baseqf/maps for Qfusion)

After you have these installed these files you will need either GTK or Q3 Radiant. This is needed to map your maps, If you have had no experience in Radiant you may have trouble with it due to its advanced learning curve its sugested that beginners who do not understand this refer to hammer for their map editing *[2]

All maps HAVE TO be compiled in Q3Radiant. GTK radiant is an easyer work enviroment and it is still supported by Id Software. but GTK uses Q3Map2 which renders lightmaps in a much more advanced way that Iris is un able to use.

Wile we still hold a clipping issue (doesnt effect game play and there are work arounds (difficult to do without proper knowlage) you will have to make your sections of walls in blocks think lego's

I have attached an example map to show you guys how to make a proper map (requires you add the iris textures to your Quake3 folder)

*Notes!*
    1) These folders are inside of your Quake 3 folder example="c:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\" Wile you can use the Qfusion folder for your maps you could still put everything in in the "baseq3" folder because Qfusion can read in there too!

2) Radiant is a difficult program to master and learning how to use it has taken som people a quite long time, you are looking at a dedicated week, wile some can pick it up in a weekend this takes dedication and even once you have learned how to use it, it will take dedication to learn it properly, I offered the Hammer 3.4/3.5 solution to those who know how to use HL1's editor
    this program has the option to export .maps (readable by Radiant, but textures must be applied in Radiant,

If you dont know how feal free to PM me and request a texturing job (Not all maps will be considered If the map wasn't made properly you will be told so and you will have to work it.)

I plan on releasing a pack later on which will be a whole lot simpler for non quake 3 owners and quake 3 owners alike (this will include a Hammer editor set up for mapping with a "developer" wad file to help you see what you are doing)

Get to making that custom content!

ok lol ok guys can ne 1 please answer this i got a GIGANTIC PLAN!!

Listen since iris is first person i can put in the looks of counterstrike people and guns and ammos and the bottom score

if u guys REALLY want we can make coutnerstrike threw this
    if u guys gimmie da source ill get crackin

source code wont be out for a wile, mainly because we want the engine to be polished I belive once that is done mods can be seen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information