Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.00 Custom Firmware M33 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Spanishpea$#@! View Post
    Were you using your main account or a sub account? If it's your sub account, it's probably not such a big deal. Just don't try to log on with main on PSP.
    Main account. I don't really see what the difference would be, though.

I've really had no need for a sub account, as I only have the PSP and I'm the only one in the household who would use the PSN.

The 1.5 add on is for some homebrew. You'll still be able to play your backed up games (if you do that), and PS1 games.

The Difference is for us PS3 users mainly. If our main account gets banned, we loose everything we've paid for. Extra tracks for Motor Storm. Add-ons for Soul Calibur 4. Warhawk. If we can't log on as the main account for PS1 games, we can't transfer them to PSP.
    Last edited by Spanishpeacock; October 17th, 2008 at 19:54.

The 1.5 add on is for some homebrew. You'll still be able to play your backed up games (if you do that), and PS1 games.

The Difference is for us PS3 users mainly. If our main account gets banned, we loose everything we've paid for. Extra tracks for Motor Storm. Add-ons for Soul Calibur 4. Warhawk. If we can't log on as the main account for PS1 games, we can't transfer them to PSP.
    I've paid for PSP games from the PSN using my PC. Beats, Echochrome, fl0w... Sucks that I'd lose the ability to re-download those at-will.

Well, if I get un-suspended, I'll see about using a sub account...

Did Sony mess with the playstation emulator? I've been playing Star Ocean 2, and it freezes whenever I enter certain rooms or towns. It would suck if Sony updated pops and inadvertently messed some things up.

I haven't tried any other games yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NeroMaverick View Post
    Did Sony mess with the playstation emulator? I've been playing Star Ocean 2, and it freezes whenever I enter certain rooms or towns. It would suck if Sony updated pops and inadvertently messed some things up.

I haven't tried any other games yet.
    They always mess up stuff. Star Ocean 2 would freeze in some battles on other cfw so it might just be the game though. I finally got FF7 to work on 3.71 m33, so I'm sticking at that until I need to update. Star Wars Force Unleashed can be played on 3.71, so I haven't had to update for games yet.

Sweet!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

O snap. I just noticed the best thing so far. the xmb is two toned now. and the waves are different.

Great! I updated, made and signed on to my PSN name, and downloaded a few demos and the PLAYSTATION NETWORK THEME.

I really liked the new xmb wave, but I also liked the old one, I started slightly disapointed, feeling that I had lost the "Classic" wave, but then realized when I went to change the theme that I can still use "Classic" wave whenever I wanted! Yay!

I've found what could be a bug though, theme is supposed to have transparency in the icons, they're circle, but for me they show up with black squares around them. Maybe it's something else that messed up but this could be a bug.

They always mess up stuff. Star Ocean 2 would freeze in some battles on other cfw so it might just be the game though. I finally got FF7 to work on 3.71 m33, so I'm sticking at that until I need to update. Star Wars Force Unleashed can be played on 3.71, so I haven't had to update for games yet.
    They've messed it up more than you can even imagine, OFW users are affected too

If you're staying on 3.71 be sure to finish force unleashed, cause for some unknown reasons the games no longer have the Firmware update check and when you update your savegame files will act as corrupted cause you made them on a lower FW than the one you're supposed to have to play it, same for Secret Agent Clank and other games that work on lower FW.

Even OFW users are complaining about this

DCEmu Newbie

Is anyone else having the same trouble with 5.00 M33 as when 4.01 M33 was released?
    i.e. the memory stick access speed seems to be slower in 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 than 3.90 M33-3?

An example is with Everybody's Golf 2. When I ran it as an iso, it's super fast load times with 3.90 M33-3, but with 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 there is a noticable delay in comparison with 3.90 M33-3.
    (Both on my PSP1000 and PSP2003, using the Sony NP9660 loader, tested EG2 on a genuine Sandisk 8Gb stick and a genuine Sony 2Gb stick).
    There are others examples, some games have comparative delays in the load times (Parrappa the Rapper), some have "lag" within the game (GTA VCS is one), though strangely only in 4.01 M33+...

...not really a deal-breaker as it's still streets ahead as compared to UMD, but I am the only one to have noticed this? If anyone else has noticed it, please post or at least someone tell me I've missed something and there is a "cure" (or am I simply dreaming it...hehehe!)

I recall that for the 3.80 M33 update there was the option/patch to install the memory stick driver from 3.71, but I thought that only really made an improvement to the transfer speed from memory stick to PC via USB cable, rather than memory stick performance when accessing isos...

I was disappointed when 4.01 M33 had this memory stick "lag" and so reverted back to 3.90 M33-3, I've done this again...

The inclusion of the PSN/Store is no big lure versus load times for me, however, if Locoroco 2 requires 5.00+ then maybe I'll update again...if I ever see a UK release date (Australia is a bit far just for one game..!)

DAX is still the king though, is there anything this guy cannot do?!
    Last edited by o1mlc; October 18th, 2008 at 00:37. Reason: Now the post makes a little bit of sense as opposed to none when I first wrote it...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information