Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5.00 Custom Firmware M33 Released

Quote Originally Posted by o1mlc View Post
    Is anyone else having the same trouble with 5.00 M33 as when 4.01 M33 was released?
    i.e. the memory stick access speed seems to access slower in 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 than 3.90 M33-3?

An example is with Everybody's Golf 2. When ran as an iso, it's super fast load times with 3.90 M33-3, but with 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 there is a noticable delay in comparison wit 3.90 M33-3 (on both my PSPs, a PSP1000 and PSP2003, Sony NP9660 loader, tested EG2 on a genuine Sandisk 8Gb stick and a genuine Sony 2Gb stick). There are others examples, some games have comparative delays in the load times (Parrappa the Rapper), some have "lag" within the game (GTA VCS is one), though strangely only in 4.01 M33+...

...not really a deal-breaker as it's still streets ahead as compared to UMD, but I am the only one to have noticed this? If anyone else has noticed it, please post or at least someone tell me I've missed something and there is a "cure" or am dreaming it...hehehe!

I recall for the 3.80 M33 update there was the option to install the memory stick driver from 3.71, but I thought that only really applied to making an improvement (restoring) transfer speeds from memory stick to PC via USB cable, rather than memory stick performance when accessing isos...

I was disappointed when 4.01 M33 had this memory stick "lag" and so reverted back to 3.90 M33-3, I've done this again...

The inclusion of the PS Store is no big lure versus load times for me, however, if Locoroco 2 requires 5.00+ then maybe I'll update again...
    My memory stick access seams fine, maybe it's your plugins?

does this CFW installs on the new 3000PSP?

DCEmu Newbie

thanks

I installed this an enjoys it though I miss CXMB but thats ok now i"m curious if this will work with the psn downloaded vidoes. An ya what about that new psp slim tv out option?

so... does this work on the psp 3000 (I don't have one yet but homebrew will make it or brake it for me)

that was fast
    i had heard (not exactly solid sources) that it would have been at least 2 weeks

*shrug*
    what (besides the PSN) are the major changes?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    They've messed it up more than you can even imagine, OFW users are affected too

If you're staying on 3.71 be sure to finish force unleashed, cause for some unknown reasons the games no longer have the Firmware update check and when you update your savegame files will act as corrupted cause you made them on a lower FW than the one you're supposed to have to play it, same for Secret Agent Clank and other games that work on lower FW.

Even OFW users are complaining about this
    Thanks for the tip. That PSP is mainly for PS1 games and homebrew though. I got that Darth Vader PSP Slim when it came out for OFW stuff and newer games. The FF Dissidia PSP looks pretty cool though, if I get a 3000 model, I'd get that one.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    POPs will be released shortly according to Dark_Alex.
    where does this info come from? I sure hope so because 5.00 pops is for the birds...

Quote Originally Posted by NeroMaverick View Post
    Did Sony mess with the playstation emulator? I've been playing Star Ocean 2, and it freezes whenever I enter certain rooms or towns. It would suck if Sony updated pops and inadvertently messed some things up.
    Without a doubt. On 4.01 Rayman was working fine. On 5.00 the background music is gone again (a few other pops versions had that problem)

Quote Originally Posted by o1mlc View Post
    Is anyone else having the same trouble with 5.00 M33 as when 4.01 M33 was released?
    Yup. Playing Rayman with pops. There's a delay there that shouldn't be... and the light doesn't blink during the delay

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz View Post
    does this CFW installs on the new 3000PSP?
    Nope. The new pre-ipl needs to be dumped and cracked first, then you'll have to use a new DC version with a pandora battery to get a CFW on it. It'll be fine from then on after that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkriku2000 View Post
    so... does this work on the psp 3000 (I don't have one yet but homebrew will make it or brake it for me)
    See above.

I've been having trouble with downloads from here lately. If you try a few times in a row you'll get it but something fishy is going on (downloads kind of getting cut off but they actually say that they are complete)...
    Last edited by urherenow; October 18th, 2008 at 08:25. Reason: fixed a quote box

DCEmu Newbie

Thank yous to buddy4point0 and urherenow - I think I'll do some more comparisons between my memory sticks, PSPs and CFWs and see if it is purely in my mind, but I'll see if there is a "lag" in reading isos from the memory stick...

When using CW Cheat 0.2.2d at the bottom of the CWCheat screen , on my PSP 1000 it shows the ms0: 173Mb / 7960Mb free on my 8Gb stick, on my PSP 2003, it shows ms0: 0Mb / 0Mb...

Didn't have this problem with my 8Gb stick until updated to 5.00 M33!

...anyone else had this? Could this be pointing to why I seem to get lag on iso? Any suggestions, "re-pandoraed" to 3.90 M33-3 a few times still got the lag on PSP2003, but not on PSP1000..! I didn't have the lag on PSP2003 on 3.90M33-3 until after I'd updated to 5.00 M33 and then pandora back to 3.90 M33-3. I've cleared the flash0 , reset settings, reformatted the 8Gb stick but still the lag on the PSP 2003 despite going back...

Hmmm....
    Last edited by o1mlc; October 18th, 2008 at 12:05.

DCEmu Newbie

Finally upgraded from 3.91m33 which is something I didn't think I'd be doing for a long time. But, I did and I'm not dissapointed. Everything works great.

But the biggest suprise of all....

This firmware improved the display quality on my slim. Everything's more crisp. Black or dark colors had a blur/smearing effect before, but that's gone now. This wasn't something I thought could be improved with firmware. :thumbup:

Thanks DAX!

BTW my 8GB stick works just fine with 5. I used the 3.71 mem stick drivers with 3.91M33 which was incredibly fast, as expected 5.00 is much, much slower in reading my mem stick. But that's ok. I get some lag (Tekken) when using Sony's driver but M33 driver works fine. Wish there was a way we could use those old drivers.... still very happy.
    Last edited by Dembonz; October 19th, 2008 at 05:31. Reason: because I said so

Thread Information