Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NeoCD PSP 0.6.2 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up NeoCD PSP 0.6.2 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

Zelurker has released a new update to the continuation of Yoyofrs original Neogeo CD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

<blockquote>I didn't want to release something else so fast, but I had to find a way to load samurai spirits rpg zipped and fast. And the difference is so incredible that I had to release this version as is. It loads samurai spirits rpg in 23s if it's zipped now ! It might actually load faster the zipped version that the unzipped version now !
    Actually the trick was to add a read cache to unzip.c, if some other emus want to use the trick, they are welcome to !

I also stopped to display the loading picture while ingame, and I added the patch.prg file, necessary to load samurai spirits rpg.

Also, be careful at the filesystem corruption bugs : if a program quits without closing its opened files, then there are good chances that the psp corrupts the files. So if you quit neocdpsp with the home key, a reset of the eboot loader for firmware 2.0 if you use it, or by a crash, then I advice to run something to check the filesystem on your memory card (like scandisk).</blockquote>

Download at our Comprehensive NeoGeoCD Emulator download page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml

this is one of my favorite emus. great job.

DCEmu Newbie

Your work on th emu is VERY much appriciated, guy. Thanks a ton for doing what ya do. ; )

Finally I can play SS RPG. : )

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work man! Pretty impress for the short-loading time of zipped files and now I can save a hell lot of space! Cheers!

Much thanks and appreciation go out to you and this emu. I have never tried any version of this emu but I just tried and successfully got this emu working on a version 2.00 PSP with Fanjita's EBOOT Loader. Amazing. Keep up the good work!

DCEmu Newbie

Have any other emus figured out how to utilize the GPU like this one does? like a GBA emu?

DCEmu Regular

HUE does. It's a PC-Engine/Turbogfx emulator. It's very nice. There is no other emulator that I know of besides the neogeocd and HUE emulators. I could be wrong though.

Cape Town, South Africa. Where the girl to guy ratio is 7 to 1!

Still the best homebrew app on the PSP and getting better. I still feel the pain of one annoying thing. The digital pad and quarter-circle motions. You still have to stop the motion early, hope you get to fix this soon. Also, I now get I/O errors occuring during my KOF97/98 games that didn't happen before. Hope that helps some. Keep it up

yeh i seem to get alot of I/O errors when playing KOF96-99, but still amaizing little emu all the same.

DCEmu Newbie

hi.i get this emulator and work fine with firmware 2.00 (thanks fajinta)
    but how can i run a rom with that.i download magical drop 2 but cant play that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information