Thread: 2D/3D graphic designer looking for a coder.

Arrow 2D/3D graphic designer looking for a coder.

Hi everyone, I'm new here but not to the world of NDS and HBs. I was searching for a good forum where to talk about HB development, and I found this.

I am the 2D/3D graphic designer for a new HB 3D game project that's going too slow in my opinion: we don't have a stupid engine after months. I have the basic graphics ready, but the coder seems to have too much problems with the 3D loader...
    So, I'd like to start another project with someone else, because I am not that busy with the other HB and because I really don't like the feeling of being completely without something creative to do.

I have to say that I don't know how to program on DS. Instead, I am able to create low and mid-poly 3D models (cars, sceneries, humans, and more, even animated) and also 2D images and textures, working with my photocamera, 3D Stduo Max and Photoshop. I already tested my models on the DS: they fully work. Of course, I also know the basic terminology in the HB development.

So, I am searching for a coder with the experience to develop (possibly) a futuristic racing game with me, like F-Zero or Speed Racer. For whose that think it's impossible, just take a look at the great (and dead) "Futuristic Racer" HB. Obviusly I will create the entire graphic part of the game.

If someone is interested, you can contact me here, via mail or better via msn (the mail address is the same, here under my nickname). I hope that someone wants to team up. Thanks for the attention, have a nice day!

EDIT: if someone knows a better place where to search a coder, you're welcome!
    Last edited by Mr_Drayton; October 28th, 2008 at 16:06. Reason: Forgot to say a thing and to write my email.

Just a quick note, "Futuristic Racer" turned into "Whee!DS" which is certainly worth checking out. Oddly though, I find it to be not quite as fun as the original demo.

Hmm... I remember differently. I had contacts either with the author of Futuristic Racer and with the WheeDS one: They are two different guys! "Rajveer" for the first HB and "Tassu" for the second. I already tried to talk with Rajveer for doing the graphic part of the game, but he never continued its HB. Tassu instead is helping us with our other project!
    So, nobody interested?

Really? Geez, this whole time I thought that they were made by the same guy. My bad.

This forum is mostly home to homebrew users, not coders. You'd probably have better luck on GBAdev and possibly GBAtemp to a lesser extent.

Oh! Thanky you for the hint! I'm going to try on those sites.
    GBAdev... I really forgot that!
    Last edited by Mr_Drayton; October 30th, 2008 at 20:59. Reason: grammar error.

Thread Information