Thread: Downgrade or Upgrade (I Just wanna Know if it's possible)

Default Downgrade or Upgrade (I Just wanna Know if it's possible - 2.5 to 1.5 Idea)

I'm not a coder or everything else but i've thought about something (maybe a waste of time but i wanna know from U, coders or programmers), Everyboy is focus on downgrade but why not think about an upgrade like Sony does, but with the intention to unpatched the previous and show up a known exploit (overflow.tiff) in it to downgrade later or create a full access homebrew Firmware(This might be is in development for now I guess)....thanks if there are replies

I've got an answer from another Forum and bad news 'cuz Sony's encryption key is needed to make an update...this is the end of my Idea and thanks...But they've Found exploit in the image viewer, the savegame, but Is someone attempt to run code through the Music or Video player and is it possible???Why not...

DCEmu Newbie

uhhhhhhhh.....

...what

The idea is to make un unofficial update to show up the overflow.tif exploit...but it seems to be impossible to make it

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timale-Kun
    The idea is to make un unofficial update to show up the overflow.tif exploit...but it seems to be impossible to make it
    Show up? What?......Why?...huh

GP2X Coder/Moderator

I guess he/she means a way of updating while keeping the overflow.tif exploit.

I mean remove the overflow.tiff patch of the 2.01 wich is the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.01, if it's possible it will make for 2.01+ owners the possibility to downgrade, even if the new UMD games require 2.01+ Firmware downgrade will be necessary if a Custom Firmware appears and look at this thread a guy tried something Here, and to yaustar that's "he" ^^

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timale-Kun
    I mean remove the overflow.tiff patch of the 2.01 wich is the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.01, if it's possible it will make for 2.01+ owners the possibility to downgrade, even if the new UMD games require 2.01+ Firmware downgrade will be necessary if a Custom Firmware appears and look at this thread a guy tried something Here, and to yaustar that's "he" ^^

OH, I see what your saying.

Good idea but figuring out the firmware updates is one thing PSP coders are having trouble with the most. Even if the coder manages to edit some code in the firmware he/she runs the risk of bricking there PSP if even one line of code is wrong. Its good idea but firmware editing is in its infancy so doing something as major as taking out such a specific part of the code would be extremely dangerous. One small step at a time.

I don't know if the TEE( McZonck,Placa,...) give up the project but the DualFlash PSP if it's done will be a great thing for Developers a kind of unbrickable PSP with two Flash embedded (2 Firmware, one rescue the other one) Developer will be able to take more risks and they probably go ahead faster

Thread Information