Thread: How To Soft-Mod Your PS2 The Easy way with Codebreaker

Default How To Soft-Mod Your PS2 The Easy way with Codebreaker

How to Soft-Mod Your PS2 For Exploits, Codes, Homebrew, Emulators

What You Will Need:

A PS2 Capable of Transferring Files to your Memorycard (Ex: Phat PS2, Will Work on Slim just need to transfer on Phat then load on slim)
    Something to transfer Files To Your PS2 Memorycard (Ex: Codebreaker, Armax)
    A USB Capable Device (Ex: PSP, Ipod, RDD, Camera)
    The Soft-Mod PS2 Pack DOWNLOAD: http://www.codemayhem.net/how-to-sof...ted-t4968.html

The Next Step:
    Transfer all the CBS files in the pack to your memorycard from codebreaker
    Now you want to reset your PS2 and with codebreaker inside still and load it till it gets to the SMS screen
    Next you want to go to the browser settings and scroll down to mc0:/BADDATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.elf
    Now then save and exit to mc0:/BADDATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.elf.
    It will take to FreeMCBoot 1.5 Now You Want to press X and Install FreeMCBoot.
    After thats finished shutdown your ps2

The Next Step:

Now turn your PS2 on and wait for it to load you should get nothing but a black screen thats good
    Then uLaunch.elf should now load
    Then Congratulations you have soft-modded your PS2 Now your Ready to load codes for Socom CA, Play Burned PS2 Games, And Load Emu's and Homebrew.

Note: If you get nothing but a black screen and nothing pops up everytime you reset your PS2 its an easy fix just take your memorycard out let it go to the ps2 browser and delete the files and turns your ps2 back to normal. And if it keeps going to the browser its either because you did it wrong or you don't have a ps2 controller plugged or the disk trays open.

MY VIDEO TUTORIAL
    Spoiler!

Tutorial Written by: steve520 via www.codemayhem.net :rock:

Dcemu.co.uk does not support piracy so please don't use this for illegal things this tutorial is to be used for homebrew or emulators. Thanks and enjoy :thumbup:
    Last edited by steve520; November 22nd, 2008 at 23:55.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by steve520 View Post
    How to Soft-Mod Your PS2 For Exploits, Codes, Homebrew, Emulators

What You Will Need:

A PS2 Capable of Transferring Files to your Memorycard (Ex: Phat PS2, Will Work on Slim just need to transfer on Phat then load on slim)
    Something to transfer Files To Your PS2 Memorycard (Ex: Codebreaker, Armax)
    A USB Capable Device (Ex: PSP, Ipod, RDD, Camera)
    The Soft-Mod PS2 Pack DOWNLOAD: http://www.codemayhem.net/how-to-sof...ted-t4968.html

The Next Step:
    Transfer all the CBS files in the pack to your memorycard from codebreaker
    Now you want to reset your PS2 and with codebreaker inside still and load it till it gets to the SMS screen
    Next you want to go to the browser settings and scroll down to mc0:/BADDATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.elf
    Now then save and exit to mc0:/BADDATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.elf.
    It will take to FreeMCBoot 1.5 Now You Want to press X and Install FreeMCBoot.
    After thats finished shutdown your ps2

The Next Step:

Now turn your PS2 on and wait for it to load you should get nothing but a black screen thats good
    Then uLaunch.elf should now load
    Then Congratulations you have soft-modded your PS2 Now your Ready to load codes for Socom CA, Play Burned PS2 Games, And Load Emu's and Homebrew.

Note: If you get nothing but a black screen and nothing pops up everytime you reset your PS2 its an easy fix just take your memorycard out let it go to the ps2 browser and delete the files and turns your ps2 back to normal. And if it keeps going to the browser its either because you did it wrong or you don't have a ps2 controller plugged or the disk trays open.

MY VIDEO TUTORIAL

Tutorial Written by: steve520 via www.codemayhem.net :rock:

Dcemu.co.uk does not support piracy so please don't use this for illegal things this tutorial is to be used for homebrew or emulators. Thanks and enjoy :thumbup:
    Hello my ps2 was hardmodded I ve never herad of softmod of ps2 b4 but one question my ps2 was modded with a chip to play burned games on dvd's

WHat I would luv to know is how to get the codebreaker to work. i ve a code break dvd for cheats but never used it. Could u pls expalin further about using the code breaker to softmod ps2? Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Will a gameshark do the same thing as a codebreaker?

Ok, once FMCB is installed i want to do the opposite , run Codebreaker or Action Replay ELFs from the memory card , i've tried a few but they don't seem to work . Do i need a version patched to work from MC ?

to get the files onto code breaker, do i just put the disk into the comp?

also the link seems to be broken for codemeyhem

DCEmu Newbie

Could someone please reupload these files to megaupload or rapidshare please?

Thread Information