Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Fortress PSP released!

psp Team Fortress PSP released!

That's right, something that has yet to be accomplished at all is now up for grabs here: http://psp.wijou.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=486

The Readme is in the archive, but what is not explained in the readme is that player skins are seriously messed up still at this point (they just don't show up right) and the bot skins are the same for both teams (another bug that will hopefully be worked out soon)

Enjoy!

Heres the full news article

Just like any other Quake PSP download, throw the contents of your Quake ID1 folder into the ID1 folder in the Team Fortress folder in the archive. Enjoy!

Note: Not ALL of the maps included work, and in adhoc play, other players' skins do not show up at all, which is something I am trying to work on. Bot skins are all one color, instead of there being a red and blue team skin set. Again, something I'm trying to work on.

Enjoy, world!!

EDIT: Before anyone says anything, I am well aware that it says Team Fortress 1.2 on the zip file, while it really is 1.3, but hey, does that REALLY matter when you're minutes away from Team Fortress on your PSP?

Also, one last note, the readme may refer to some download links that do not exist on the readme, like a second control configuration (already included) because I copied that section from the development thread.
    Last edited by halo9449; November 3rd, 2008 at 23:47.

DCEmu Newbie

So, basically, this is a Quake mod, rather than a authentic port of gldsrc and Team Fortress classic, amirite?

DCEmu Newbie

Are you not aware that Team Fortress WAS a Quake mod? Team Fortress classic was just an official port made for Half Life after valve hired the guys that made the original. IMO the original Quakeworld version is still the best with regards to game play.

Yeah, this is the original version (there was the GLQuake version and the Quakeworld version, but Quakeworld has yet to be ported to PSP... I'd be glad to get Team Fortress going on that if someone would actually get to work on a Quakeworld port...)
    Last edited by halo9449; November 3rd, 2008 at 16:17.

nice release But I will try it when those few bugs are worked out.

Thanks, and they aren't really bugs that inhibit gameplay. Don't forget that you can hit select while looking at a player to identify their team. The skins issue is the only bug left. I've ironed out all the rest (unless one of you other players finds one. In that case, don't hesitate to notify me ) The game itself runs very well.
    The other problem isn't a bug, as much as one of Quake's limitations, which is that I can't find a way to make an auto-identify thing where it ID's players when you simply look at them (like in later games).

btw, who is the creator of PSP Quake 1.1? I found him here before but I didn't have enough posts to message him. I think if I can contact him I can work out why the skins don't display correctly, then all of the major issues will be resolved.
    Last edited by halo9449; November 3rd, 2008 at 22:40.

i cant even download it send space is always full would apreciate if someone uped to mediafire, in the mean time il trying and bypass the capacity limit on sendspace

Alright, it's up on Mediafire now, the link is at PSP.Wijou
    Last edited by halo9449; November 3rd, 2008 at 23:56.

Talking

There is now an official link up in the forum. You can download it from http://psp.wijou.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=486 or from QJ. Excellent job CyberDemon. :thumbup:

This is an awesome mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information