Quake II - First Patch
    I have got a lot of bugs reports. But I know there are much more bugs

I'll upload the first patch soon.

Changes
    enable invert analog nub
    go to menu after id logo
    remove network game start crash
    on screen keyboard for console input

The next beta with more features will come when a lot of more features are finished.

ISO Gamer Protection
    Lots of comments like:
    My Quake crashes with a bluescreen.

Quake2::Sys_Error()Quake2::Version: EE Quake 2 PSP Port Beta 10xBAD1 Unabled to start Quake 2
    And the solution is also known. Remove all your isos, loaders and iso loader directories from your psp and the game will start.

It is a very simple protection and everybody with some coding knowlegde can remove it. I don't put any work in this, but I still think it was a funny idea.
    **** You ISO Gamers!

A lot of people were angry about this protection. Especially psp-hacks.com where strong against this. How can I play my legally backup now?
    I don't think there is a really need for backup a psp game.
    The typical argument is the umd will be damaged. This is very stupid. The umd is safe boxed in the cover and will not take damage even if it is often changed.
    I'm sorry if this really disturb some gamer. But I'm sure the major part of iso gamers are 13 years old kiddies with one or two umds and one hundred isos. That was my intention. And as you can see. The protection was hacked fast...

I don't know if I spend further time with improve the protection, but I still think it was a good idea

You know, I was all for supporting the Quake 2 developer until I read this crap about ISO protection. In the end, it is not his business what I run on my PSP, homebrew or otherwise. Doing something like this is simply childish and I refuse to support any author that thinks they can designate what I can do with hardware I bought and paid for. (FYI, this includes DRM music and other things also)

haha noob, then you dont get the awesomeness of quake 2. . . so sad that people accualy think they need to download psp games for free, but hey. . . now i can guarantee that anyone that uses emulators, doesent accualy own all the games they have roms for, or they would probobly play the original system. . . . am i not right?

You know, I was all for supporting the Quake 2 developer until I read this crap about ISO protection. In the end, it is not his business what I run on my PSP, homebrew or otherwise. Doing something like this is simply childish and I refuse to support any author that thinks they can designate what I can do with hardware I bought and paid for. (FYI, this includes DRM music and other things also)
    I really like the game that McZonk and friends have put together and I got it to run with no problems, but damn, that's a good point. This ISO move reeks of Sony/BMG and their secret root kit. Are devs going to start secretly installing software within applications to run our psp's as they see fit now?

Watch out homebrew scene!

Quote Originally Posted by SkankinMonkey
    Sigh... Another Stupid Idiot who contradicts himself. Yeah, sure, i'm with you for doing what i want with what i payed for and being able to play some good homebrew. But guess what, you didn't pay for the ISO's now did you. And don't give me any rhetoric about how you did buy it and ripped it. Just play using the actual UMD if you did buy it and screw the crap about keeping it in good condition. You buy a game to play it, not to look at it. It gets damaged, theres a thing called warranty. I had a PSP that kept scratching my games up so what did i do? I returned the psp and got it replaced with a new one and my games were replaced too. All for free.

What this developer does and other developers do to protect the scene by going against ISO's is commendable. If you read around and actually think about it you will know how harmful ISO's are:
    ISO downloaded = No money for Developers/Publishers/Etc. = More expensive prices to counter loss of sale = less interest in buying games = less need for psp hardware = less attention for the overall community. And then there is the legal stuff, but I don't really care do go into that.

And by the way, I'm not saying i'm against using homebrew or whatever as we all know how Sony is against it. I'm just saying, ISO's hurt the scene.

DCEmu Newbie

damn this moron he sees no reason for legal psp backups eh you try running wipeout pure at 222mhz and then run it at 333mhz the graphics difference is awesome its smoother it loads quicker even if i boot my real copy but the loading times are slashed when you run a game off a memory stick and your battery time is about the same because you're saving precious battery energy by not spinning a disc with a motor but youre using the psp to its full processing potential thats the reason i load isos from my memory stick and i am all for buying games because as you say if games dont get sold psp will be a miserable failure and we'll have another dud handheld along with ngage and all of those other consoles everyone ripped all the games for

Quote Originally Posted by andk1005
    damn this moron he sees no reason for legal psp backups eh you try running wipeout pure at 222mhz and then run it at 333mhz the graphics difference is awesome its smoother it loads quicker even if i boot my real copy but the loading times are slashed when you run a game off a memory stick and your battery time is about the same because you're saving precious battery energy by not spinning a disc with a motor but youre using the psp to its full processing potential thats the reason i load isos from my memory stick and i am all for buying games because as you say if games dont get sold psp will be a miserable failure and we'll have another dud handheld along with ngage and all of those other consoles everyone ripped all the games for
    Big problem is...most people who have ISO "backups" AREN'T using them for legal backup purposes or even for the higher speeds. They're using them soley to play games they didn't pay for. Although I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who do use ISO's in a legal type of fashion, but it's almost guranteeable that theres three times as many people using ISOs for illegal purposes. Although I'll agree the protections a little much. Considering most games out now require 2.0+ to play, and not even the ISOs will run on 1.5 from what I've heard. You know...I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore. Feel free to ignore my ramblings.

Eh, I think the whole iso thing is dumb not because I support iso's or anything, but because it'll take sumone who knows what there doing about 5 min to hack that (or just get 2 memory cards, come on people) so really i think it was just a waste of his time to stick that in there. The actual game is amazing! the graphics are insane, and I can't wait till it supports using the actual full version (I already tried putting my quake II on it....it never gets past the loading screen) great release, I havn't noticed any bugs, and it seems to run pretty well....I just wanna play the full game tho. Okay, I just figured out how to get past the iso protection, all you have to do is rename your iso folder (FileAssistant++ works like a charm for this)

DCEmu Newbie

true i do agree with u but if stupid idiots who run games and dont have the curtosy to pay for them they are lower than a common shop thief. because they sit at home stealing games downloading them for free, at least a real thief has the balls to go and get a real copy. but one thing i would really like to see from sony in later firmware updates is a clock speed option in system software and with the oncoming of gran turismo for psp it could actually be plausable. then id upgrade to the later firmware and forget all this v1.5 hacking buisness and just be able to play all of my games at full speed as im sure they were designed but sony couldnt be arsed to sell the psp with a decent battery as they are doing now (2200mAh batterys on yourpsp.com no mods no silly sticking out bits same size same weight swap and forget)

DCEmu Newbie

and ps i do agree with omniosiris quake 2 is an awesome game when i heard it was gonna be on psp i cracked open the bonus disc on my proper copy of quake 4 and was amazed that it was gonna be on psp the graphics aint far off being like a retail psp game and once mczonk has finished coding it and has made a final build ill be able to play the entire game on ma psp (nice). spot on man but plz dont f*** about with what i can and cant run on my psp (cheers)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information