Thread: XCM Hyper Gear case promises to overclock your DS

Blog Entries

NDS XCM Hyper Gear case promises to overclock your DS

Overclocking the Nintendo DS is hardly anything new, but the mod-happy folks at XCM look to be taking a decidedly different approach with their new Hyper Gear case which, as you can see above, is actually a full-on replacement case for the currently non-hyper DS Lite. That approach gives you the added advantage of selectable turbo speeds and, of course, a rapid fire switch, both of which, as Technabob points out, will likely take quite a toll on battery life. No word on a price just yet, but it'll apparently be available from at least a few of the usual modding retailers in the next few weeks.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/05/x...clock-your-ds/

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post

Overclocking the Nintendo DS is hardly anything new, but the mod-happy folks at XCM look to be taking a decidedly different approach with their new Hyper Gear case which, as you can see above, is actually a full-on replacement case for the currently non-hyper DS Lite. That approach gives you the added advantage of selectable turbo speeds and, of course, a rapid fire switch, both of which, as Technabob points out, will likely take quite a toll on battery life. No word on a price just yet, but it'll apparently be available from at least a few of the usual modding retailers in the next few weeks.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/05/x...clock-your-ds/

when you find out,can you please tell me the release date because I really want this.

Blog Entries

Lmao dont quote the whole first post... Looks retarded..

Anywho this seems a tad pointless to me..

Cool

Why wouldn't you want it,you could use it for speeding up homebrew to full speed,even though it costs more of your battery life time,I still think it's worth it. :thumbup:

Thread Information