Thread: Where can I upload a 50 minute video? Or, just some advice?

Blog Entries

Default Where can I upload a 50 minute video? Or, just some advice?

Ok, the thing is that I have just downgraded my Wii from the Oct 23rd update back to 3.2E and I recorded the whole thing (to DVD) which I'm thinking of a video tutorial.

I was actually thinking of cutting it up, into six 9 minute parts and then posting it on YouTube.

The video in total is 51 minutes and 12 seconds, which is how long it actually takes.

But I'm thinking that there are people with low attention spans who would get bored in something like 5 minutes, and I should edit the video into something minor like 10 minutes? And then I think about the idiots who leave comments saying that it's fake and whatnot, as everyone knows YouTube has idiots.

Does anyone have any ideas? Because I'm currently sitting on a 862mb .vob file that is only viewable by yours truly (that being me).

I'm probably going to be up all night anyway, so I'm open to suggestions.

I would definitely cut it down and fast forward parts to make it at most 10 minutes.
    I don't know anyone who would watch 50 minute tutorial.

You can try to upload to google video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy4point0 View Post
    I would definitely cut it down and fast forward parts to make it at most 10 minutes.
    I don't know anyone who would watch 50 minute tutorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    You can try to upload to google video.
    Thanks dudes, I will firstly do what $n!pR mentioned and upload the original (unedited - but providing a link to what I downloaded) to Google. Then some time tomorrow I will do Buddy's mentioning and edit then upload a 10 minute version to Youtube complete with a tutorial in the information section, and those funny grey things (which I'm yet to try).

Well, you'd definitely get the most views on YouTube, so dividing it into sections would be good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    Well, you'd definitely get the most views on YouTube, so dividing it into sections would be good.
    That was my original idea, I will do that also for views (also a cut down version). But I finally got the video onto Google, which took an hour last night, for those who like to watch things uninterrupted. YouTube is next.

The quality is slightly lowered on Google, but from knowing how video quality is decreased on YouTube this could possibly be the best upload... Though long and somewhat boring, maybe I should post something in the Wii section under hacking and development since nobody else has yet (plus everyone did it with the PSP).

EDIT:

Tutorial in Wii section.
    Last edited by VampDude; November 6th, 2008 at 13:31. Reason: Added link to topic in the Wii section

Thread Information