Thread: Can you hook up a Xbox 360 HD DVD drive straight to a TV?

DCEmu Regular

Default Can you hook up a Xbox 360 HD DVD drive straight to a TV?

hi, im somewhat new to this part of the forum and im sure many here would agree with me that HD DVD is and always will be the better format of the current consumer/prosumer High-Definition standard.

however, i was wondering through people here, as we all know the Xbox 360 has an add-on, which is a HD DVD drive which can only play those discs, and a great advantage as well is u can hook it up to a PC and use it as a external player which is fantastic, but now my question is that, can u literally take that drive and connect it to a HDTV using the HDMI socket?

Nope from what I know its not possible. The only reason it works on the PC is because of the drivers, so its not even a plug and play kind of thing.

Acorn Electron User

From what I understood, the 360 HD DVD drive needed the 360 or PC to perform some of the processing of the data.

DCEmu Regular

oh thats a shame, so i cant literally get a 360 HD DVD drive and hook it up directly toa HDTV via HDMI?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

no, that won't work, its not a standalone player

DCEmu Newbie

Ya this is work.

that format is dead... why bother...

Quote Originally Posted by MrTeressaBond View Post
    hi, im somewhat new to this part of the forum and im sure many here would agree with me that HD DVD is and always will be the better format of the current consumer/prosumer High-Definition standard.

however, i was wondering through people here, as we all know the Xbox 360 has an add-on, which is a HD DVD drive which can only play those discs, and a great advantage as well is u can hook it up to a PC and use it as a external player which is fantastic, but now my question is that, can u literally take that drive and connect it to a HDTV using the HDMI socket?
    good, and i think you are right , i like played that game for a long time , and i think the game can give me so much pleasure,

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MrTeressaBond View Post

:thumbup:
    i think your question is right , and i also played that game very much , first , i see the dvd , and know how to play it , so i use the dvd disk understand the basic knowledge , so i played it well , and my character is good in the world,

Thread Information