Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on hacking the PSP 3000.

Default Your opinion on hacking the PSP 3000.

This is a thread to discuss how you feel about the PSP 3000 and hacking it.

In my opinion, I would rather the PSP 3000 stay unhackable.
    With the PSP 3000 not open to ISO's and pirate games, Sony could focus more on improving the PSP, and game developers would feel more safe creating PSP games.
    This would definitely cause PSP software sales to drastically improve and allow the PSP to become a much better system, as one of the main issues holding it back is poor software sales to to piracy.

People will argue that they want the PSP 3000 hacked only for homebrew. While this sounds nice, it's only a dream.
    A dream that will never be realized as unfortunately, the majority of people hack their PSP to pirate games.
    Now with Pirates cut off from the PSP 3000, they're forced to use only 1000's and 2000's.
    This gives them another reason to buy a game, so that they can play it on their PSP 3000 where it will look better.
    This will also drive piracy to more underground how it is on other consoles, instead of being a main stream thing.

For all of us who want to use homebrew, our PSP 1000's and PSP 2000's should be perfectly fine.
    In my opinion, it defines homebrew even more to be creating it for older systems.

So overall, if the PSP 3000 was never hacked, it would be the best for sony, and the best for the consumers.
    It would cause a massive growth in PSP software sales, make the PSP more of a safe system to develop on, and give sony money and resources to develop the PSP2.

The hacking of the PSP 3000 will not end well.
    Not for sony, not for consumers.
    You may think it better for homebrewers to have PSP 3000 ability, but as I stated earlier, this would not help software sales at all.
    Which is something that Sony and the entire PSP scene desperately needs.

yeah i woundn't care about psp 3000 being hacked only cause i have a japanese account and going to get get dissidia as a download plus i have 2 1001version psp and happy with them hacked also if you want homebrew not sure but what about pandora and magic mem to use time machine and that new firmware called 1.50bdt(FE-7) would that work? might test it when i decide to get a psp 3000!

DCEmu Pro

So, how long does everyone suppose we have until new firmwares no longer support 1000 and 2000? Or how long until games have "PSP-3000 only" on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Qmark View Post
    So, how long does everyone suppose we have until new firmwares no longer support 1000 and 2000? Or how long until games have "PSP-3000 only" on the cover?
    Never. Sony designed the PSP 2000 and 3000 so that all games would still work with the 1000.
    They're all just newer models of the PSP and not a PSP-2 of any kind at all.

All games and firmwares that come out in the future will be for 1000s, 2000s, and 3000s. I'm sure of it.

But back on topic people.

I want it hacked, simply for the tv out on older sdtv's.Can't afford hd right now.
    Actually I probably wont buy it till it's hacked :P
    Which is unusual for me as I have often been an early adopter,honestly I can't afford it right now either.I mean damn I have 3 psp!

If it doesnt get hacked, then I really wouldn't mind. We have the PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 for homebrew (and for piracy in the case of several others). If the 3000 is going to be the unhacked model of the PSP (which I highly doubt actually), then so be it. It'll make more money commercially.

I'm sure some exploit will be found somewhere. The Brite obviously isn't perfect.

I bought a PSP as a game console, didn't know it was
    hackable. Homebrew and other User Created Content was a
    massive bonus when I found out about the GTA exploit

I wonder how many people will buy a brite when they see homebrew
    downloads online and don't realize they need a CFW to launch them

No problem with the Sony and their licensed elves having exclusive
    access to the latest & greatest, but I'd still like to see the 3000
    hacked eventually. imo its an upgrade way beyond what an OFW update offers

DCEmu Newbie

I think that sony is not really doing anything to address the psp fans. the psp 3000 is just another project for the hackers. it wont really stop piracy becasue all the new games can still be pirated and they will still be downloaded by the ppl who pirate. I think its the UMD media that is killing the psp. there are pirates for every console but still the wii is doing just fine. If sony wants to do it the right way they need to do something to support the homebrewers and that way ppl will stop trying to hack. my thoughts anyway.

DCEmu Newbie

Come on Buddy4.0, what a "nobel thought", you' re just a selfish SOB. The only reason you dont want PSP3000 hacked is more better new games will be developed so you can steal for your hacked PSP. what about the folks just bought the 3000???
    Last edited by cuhphniv; March 30th, 2009 at 15:07.

any system should be hacked
    for the sheer fact that any information should be free

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information