Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 25 - What Screen do you use for gaming?

Acorn Electron User

Up until a year or so ago my Dreamcast, and later my 360 were hooked up to a Sony 15" CRT TV. They're now both connected to a Samsung 23" LCD HDTV.

The 360 is always connected via VGA (at a resolution of 1360 x 768) unless a game like Doom 3 for example won't support it, in which case I go back to the component cable. In my case the VGA picture is better with slightly less compression noise and artefacts on screen compared to component.

The DC is usually connected via VGA but again, if a game won't support it (Bangai-O, Capcom Vs SNK etc.) I have to go back to scart cable. For some reason this produces a slight rippling effect on my LCD screen which is annoying.

Occasionally I hook up the DC via a VGA box to a 19" Mitsubishi flat screen CRT monitor I have stashed away in a wardrobe. This is perhaps the best set up for my DC and makes everything look the best to my eyes, but lack of space kinda rules it out at the mo. I'm keeping the monitor though as it would be good to have it permanently set up to it at some stage.

Seiko watch with integrated TV screen.

DCEmu Newbie

Default high definition LCD

upgrade to a high definition LCD tv but will once my TV reaches the end of its natural life in 5 to 10 years probably.

20.1" 1600x1200 for pc
    32" samsung HD for consoles

I've went from using many tvs.

1st TV and going back to shortly is my 27 inch Panasonic. No its not HD but it can use the rgb cables in the back for better picture. This is your SD type of tv with amazing great picture may not be a LCD but it has a 3D comb filter in it so i think it does a good job the colours are sharp aswell.

TV number 2 was a Panasonic 56inch HD rear projection TV. I believe this TV would have been great if somebody in the house i used to live in wasnt so big on smoking. Well there for the TV has lost some small points cause of the tar stains on the screen. Also the tv doesnt do any progressive screening and i mean no 720p or 1080p. It does do 1080i and it doesnt look to bad but its no LCD screen.

3rd screen was my parents LCD screen used only 2 times cause it was in my sisters room and now is being used at my parents trailer. This screen was awesome even better then my Panasonic. Sadly though i cant compare to much cause i'd much rather play on a 27inch CRT then a 27 LCD cause thats small for those type of tvs.

But if your going to pick an amazing tv to play games or watch anything in its beautiful glory of HD then yes go LCD all the way. Dont do Plasma cause there bad for ghosting they aswell dont last aslong as your LCD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information