Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 25 - What Screen do you use for gaming?

Blog Entries

Home/News The DCEmu Interview - Question 25 - What Screen do you use for gaming?

A feature i did a few years ago and one im going to repeat now is the DCEmu Interview, a unique idea in which questions are asked by me to the Whole DCEmu Community its a way to learn more about each others and find out what our interests are and much more

Todays Question is What Screen do you use for gaming? (ie TV, Monitor, HD plasma etc, question mainly for console owners only)

Give your Answer via Comments.

We want your DCEmu Interview Questions, Post any good questions Here

Remember to check out our DCEmu Interview Site to catch up on previous DCEmu Interview Questions

The DCEmu Interview - Question 1 - What Consoles Do You Own ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 2 - Whats Your Favourite Console Of All Time
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 3 - Whats Your New Years Resolution ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 4 - What Got you Interested in Homebrew/Emulation ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 5 - Whats the greatest Game Ever ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 6 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Console?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 7 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Handheld?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 8 - Whos the Greatest Homebrew Hacker/Coder and Why ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 9 - Whats the Greatest Emulator Released?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 10 - What Game(S) Would you like to see Remade ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 11 - Whats the Greatest Platform Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 12 - Whats the Greatest FPS Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 13 - Whats the Greatest Sports Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 14 - How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 15 - Whats the Greatest RTS Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 16 - What Would Make the Perfect Homebrew Console ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 17 - What Are the Best/Worst Online Games Shops?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 18 - Name all the Consoles You have done Homebrew On ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 19 - What Emulators are the Best In the Console Scene
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 20 - Whats The Best Gamepad/Controller Ever ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 21 - How Would You Improve the Homebrew Scene ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 22 - What Do You Want Off Santa For Xmas ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 23 - What Was The First Game You Beat?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 24 - Whats Your Longest Gaming time in One Session?

I use a bog standard TV in my Bedroom, although it's actually pretty big, but nothing like a Plasma TV.

DCEmu Newbie

A standard 14" CRT TV set. Since i've no HD consoles why bother with an upgrade?

22" Samsung LCD on my PC.

Seems to be the sweet spot in terms of price:size for monitors.

Still only on a 68cm CRT TV, no HD consoles. Although a mate just got a full HD 40" LCD which I must admit has tempted me to splash out on a new set.

I have a 46" HD LCD TV and it rocks!!!

samsung 22' widescreen monitor through VGA for my 360, id love them to release a dvi lead for the 360 though

19' widescreen telly, both the 360 and pc run through this!

Shall be upgrading soon due to my new job - Discount tv's!!

Peace

Standard CRT tv. I am not in a hurry to upgrade to a high definition LCD tv but will once my TV reaches the end of its natural life in 5 to 10 years probably.

DCEmu Rookie

19" TFT on my PC. I hate it. I want to go back to my old 19" CRT which died on me (19" trinitron CRT, 1600x1200, "HD" eats turds)

Also running a 32" DAEWOO HDTV, also suck ass for the same reasons. HD isnt HD. TFT isnt CRT.

Quote Originally Posted by christophski View Post
    samsung 22' widescreen monitor through VGA for my 360, id love them to release a dvi lead for the 360 though
    If your 360 has HDMI, then you can use an HDMI > DVI cable. I use one for my cable box. The only gotcha with the 360 is that you also need to have the standard AV connector connected to provide sound - and it doesn't fit. You need to remove the plastic case from the connector.

See: http://www.command-tab.com/2007/09/1...-audio-output/

and this comment:

"You don’t need to buy a new cable that is a waste of money.

Just use a screwdriver and pop the lower plastic casing off of the connector on the cable that comes with xbox 360 pro and it will fit perfectly with hdmi plugged in at the same time.

when you pop off the plastic you will see that innards of the cable are still protected by an aluminum enclosure, so you are not damaging the cable or exposing it by poping off the bottom half of the plastic enclosure."

To answer the OP: I have a Dell 3706 flatpanel that isn't full HD but still looks lovely. It's not perfect and
    I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one at full retail, but I scored mine for free so I'm happy. The 360 is connected to this.
    Last edited by SpooForBrains; November 16th, 2008 at 14:53.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information