Thread: Quake II PSP - Patch Day (New Release)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Quake II PSP - Patch Day (New Release)

McZonk who released the first version of Quake 2 for PSP in our PSP News & Lik Sang Coding Competition #2 has today released a new patched version, heres the info:

<blockquote>The first patch is finished. It will just fix little bugs. It not contains sound, no full singleplayer or multiplayer support and nothing of all the other missing stuff.

Changes:
    - fix invert analog nub (was not working)
    - go to menu after first loop of intro
    - fix network game crash
    - added gpl to zip
    - removed the iso protection

I have not added an osk. I didn't found a good one that was installable into Quake II.

I still think the iso protection was a good idea. There was a lot of discussion about that. I know I cannot stop piracy, but perhaps you think about it now and buy games instead of steal them.
    I removed the protection because it will be removed as soon as I release the sources. In fact it is just a #define

I'll setup a source code package with Quake 2 PSP the next days. I have to fix some stuff so it will compile without problems. It will include all sources as well as a tutorial for mod porting. But I cannot support anyone until my first final release. Sorry, it would handicap my own development.</blockquote>

Download this great release via the comments

DCEmu Rookie

hi there gj, is there any schedule to the final relases?

DCEmu Newbie

is there any way to make it compatible with 2.00 users?

Awesome work! Can't wait till single player is playable.

cant wait for the full game to work this is much better now then it was thanks

Thank you for this little patch, McZonk!

great job, i was much impressed with the first release and this ones even better.

I agree about the protection, and i'm glad you removed it so we can focus on talking about the game. but i'll support this port no matter what.

thanx mate.

Cool

Thanks for this patch soo soon McZonk! Looks great!

What's an osk? I know nothing what so ever about programing.

Also, does anyone know how I can mod the player skins in the "baseq2" folder? I'm not familiar with pcx files at all. No matter how I mess around with it, it either becomes a big staticy blur or it just doesn't change the image at all. I'd sure like to be able to make my own character for Multiplayer mode

Once the source is out will be be able to mod our own bad guys too?

DCEmu Newbie

Could someone please tell me how to install quake 2 onto my psp like for an example lets say u want to save mp3 files onto a folder in order for you to listen to it you woul have to save it under a folder called Music.

Cool

As of now there's no sound yet so I think at this point answering your question is a little pre-mature. I'm sure once there is a full working version that will be answered though. I couldn't agree more with you, this is definitely the kind of game that gonna need a "custom soundtrack" option (ihopeihopeihope)

As for the installation, click the link "McZonk" in the first post on this thread. Scroll down a little and you will see a pic of the file structure for 1.5

Thread Information