Thread: Newbie question, please answer

DCEmu Newbie

Default Newbie question, please answer

Hey I am new to this PSP homebrew thing and was wondering if I have a version 2.01. I am getting a PSP as a present and cannot open it yet. The back of the box has a letter G, which I read somewhere else is a version 2.01, which means I cannot use homebrewed emulators. If I am wrong please correct me, thanks. Does the letter G mean it's 2.01?? Also if it is a 2.01, I would like to return it, what should I do?? go to my local EBGames and ask for a different firmware?? or will they just look at me weird. Please help me out, thanks.

it's 2.01, yes, go to ebgames, and say you want to buy a used one
    tell them you want to try it before you buy it, then when there not looking, push home, and look at the firmware

DCEmu Newbie

That is a good idea, but what if I don't want a used one. Do you think the workers would know what I am talking about? or will they have no clue. Also, what letters have version 2.0 on it? and are there any stores that anyone knows of which allows you to pick up the actual PSP box. Thanks again

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BPM9
    That is a good idea, but what if I don't want a used one. Do you think the workers would know what I am talking about? or will they have no clue. Also, what letters have version 2.0 on it? and are there any stores that anyone knows of which allows you to pick up the actual PSP box. Thanks again
    in order to play Homebrew games it needs to have the letter "A" or no letter at all. simple as that

GBA Question moved to its own thread called "GBA Problem"

Cheers,
    Fox
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Given that the PSP was pretty close to selling out at Xmas, the chances of finding a 2.00 new is next to nil.

Quote Originally Posted by elio327
    in order to play Homebrew games it needs to have the letter "A" or no letter at all. simple as that
    Ummm.. Yeah... your incorrect mate.. if you are looking for v2.0 best to look on ebay i just picked up a 2.0 today off ebay.. oh and on the topic of the letters v2.0 = letter " f " hope that helps man..

Thread Information