Thread: Hmm... Anyone else have problems with Animal Crossing for Wii?

Default Hmm... Anyone else have problems with Animal Crossing for Wii?

For reference, my console's on 3.4u (now, then was on 3.3u), has The Homebrew Channel on, unmodded.

Yesterday night, I was trying to play AC City Folk with a friend via WiFi but neither of us could connect to each other. at first I thought it may have been her connection (mine should have been fast enough).

Later I started suspecting the HBCl... Maybe the game is not letting me connect to her game because I have the Homebrew Channel installed?

Another thing I'm worried about is that when I first put Animal Crossing in, it tried updating my Wii (which I let it, not having read what the new firmware was rumored to do) and it encountered an error just a sliver before finishing the update. It told me to turn the Wii off and remove the disc. After that, AC worked fine and appeared on the menu so I assumed it had updated anyways... So I didn't worry about it, I thought I was running ver 3.4.

Has this problem been encountered by anyone else here?

Edit: Now I'm on 3.4u (and I still have a running HBC). If my friend gets on, I'll ask her to try WiFi again with me.

Edit: Ah, it worked! Hopefully, Nintendo won't screw my homebrew channel over... :<
    Last edited by kiariki; November 23rd, 2008 at 15:51. Reason: Updated Wii firmware / Problem Solved

Thread Information