Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TA088v3 Signing Hacked. - PSP3000 Hacked

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    edit: i am NOT against CFW... But I do am against the fact it has a ISO Loader... I respect DAX a LOT and hope he can hack the 3000 but i wish he'd remove the darn iso loader
    Stop being such a sanctimonius git.

The ISO loader is INVALUABLE.

It means I can go on holiday and having dumped my UMD's to ISO's then Compressed them, take all the games I want to with me while leaving my UMD's at home.

There IS a place for ISO Loaders, its piracy that you object to.

Its like saying that you really like that 100-piece tool set, but wish it didn't have a hammer in it because someone could use it to break a window to commit a burglary.

And oh yeah, I HAVE tried out downloaded ISO's and saved myself a ton of cash as some of the games REALLY stunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCrypt View Post
    Its like saying that you really like that 100-piece tool set, but wish it didn't have a hammer in it because someone could use it to break a window to commit a burglary.
    xD

That made me laugh :rofl:

Good news that progress is being made with 3000 hacking though
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCrypt View Post
    Stop being such a sanctimonius git.

The ISO loader is INVALUABLE.

It means I can go on holiday and having dumped my UMD's to ISO's then Compressed them, take all the games I want to with me while leaving my UMD's at home.

There IS a place for ISO Loaders, its piracy that you object to.

And oh yeah, I HAVE tried out downloaded ISO's and saved myself a ton of cash as some of the games REALLY stunk.
    With so many ways to travel with your PSP and UMD's with no problem why would you needlessly use up space with isos when you could have other stuff like videos and music?
    I myself like to have my 8gb stuffed with anime and music so UMD's are no problem to me..
    And I am not being sanctimonious, I also used isos in the past, but I dunno why games didn't even feel as good because I hadn't bought the game... When you buy the game it feels like the game is better somehow, imo... Maybe its because if you buy it, you value it more...

And you don't need to try a game to know it stinks... Just ask people who played it.. Or if you prefer, go to metacritic.

DCEmu Pro

The piracy problem would dwindle substantially if Sony set up an "app store" of sorts for the homebrew crowd.

DCEmu Newbie

Kind of like the iPhone app store?

that's not too bad of an idea. . .

i had 2 umd's BREAK ON ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i was being careful to!!!!!!!!!!!! but i also didn't realize about the MMR UMD REPLACEMENTS! so you bought a game and then it breaks and you have to fix it but in the mean time a have another way to play my game "ISO LOADER!!!!!" so it is a very nice tool to use properly

Wow great news!

DCEmu Newbie

Piracy will never end as people will always want something for nothing. However, piracy has been going on ever since the release of twin tape deck recorders in the 80s and music,games movie industries have never been bigger.

I have 1 or 2 8gb cards for example with various games for my ds. i wouldnt fancy taking a carrier bag full of cartridges on holiday with me so having everything on mem card is invaluable. As in with the psp. I play mostly psx games and have around 40 spread over a few cards. I wouldnt particularly fancy taking 40 discs with me everywhere i go.

Great news about hacking the new boards. Its nice to think that if these new boards were commonplace and suddenly a virus broke out and all phats/slims died mysteriously. We could all still happily play our special games.

And it a big finger to sony for trying to stop us in the first place! No matter what these companies do, there will always be geniuses out there like dark alex who can hack thier code.

Is thier an internet equivalent of a knighthood? This guy deserves one.

Great news! I look forward to hearing more!

Oh, and another advantage to dumping your UMDs to a memory stick is the faster load times, Gitaroo Man on maximum compression loaded more than 2x as fast as it did on the UMD (as for pircay, I've only done it with japanese games (none currently) and that's because I have no way to import)

So I suppose it won't be too long before we see homebrew on the PSP 3000 series. Don't think its really worth the upgrade though >_>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information