Thread: Nintendo DSi Help

NDS Nintendo DSi Help

Ok heres the kicker. I thought i was getting my boys great X-Mas presents till i recieved the packeges today. I bought two DSi. Problem unlike the DS i cant seem to find on how to change the language to inglish. Can somebody please help me out. Or is the dsi not region free like the ds. I thought it was only the media that was region protected not the systeme.

From what I've read and heard, there is no English language on a Japanese DSi.
    Sorry mate!

Well thaks mate now i have tow dsi,s i can use as paper wates. Since neather me or my boys can understand japanese. Plus i cant even used them for me. it doesnt take any flash cards. I tryed M3 , DSTT , R4 , R4SD , SC one , and a couple others. It recognises it as a flash card and gives an error code right away.

after reading more, it seems it will play English DS games if the game is not dependent on the System for it's language. But the games have to be originals as it won't read any flash cards as of yet.

To make you feel a bit better, I imported a Mint Green PSP for my son for Christmas. It's got a damn TA-088v3 mobo meaning it is current unhackable. No Homebrew for him then!

ACID I wouldn't worry too much, there should be a way to flash it to the english version once it gets released in the states and those get firmware dumps so they shouldn't be paper weights for that long.

I read in Game Informer last month which said DSi was going to be region locked sorry

Thread Information