View Poll Results: witch Flash Card is Better?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Cyclos

0 0%
  • Acekard 2

0 0%
  • Supercard DS-one

1 33.33%
  • M3 Real

1 33.33%
  • R4

1 33.33%
  • other

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best DS Flash Card

NDS Best DS Flash Card

Hi guys im done buying all this junk i have been in the past. Heres the deal i have many cards. But im looking for a card that has SDHC capability. Also that is fast like the original R4. Any body have any real sugestions and a reliable link to the site where they bought it at. Money is not an issue. So far i am leaning towards the M3 REAL. is there anything better out there.

DCEmu Rookie

i don't think there is a 'best', but there are many that do the same thing. I use the dsone which info can be found on here http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/dsone/ and a list of dealers here http://eng.supercard.cn/dealer.htm . There are many other cards that accomplish the same thing such as the CycloDS and the newer r4. They all do the same thing. The biggest difference in some cards in that memory is built in and not in stick form.

The EDGE card is pretty good, I get mine for $40 and give them out for christmas to my nephews and nieces.

I have an R4 but its practically the same thing from what I have noticed.....

i'm using scds1

i think the acekard 2 is ok.
    its firmware is still alive (which is more than i can say for the R4)
    its got a nice interface but it's still missing some features that other cards give like slow motion, real time save, and integrated expansion cart support buuut if u dnt rly care for those features then this is a good cart to think about

DCEmu Newbie

I'm using R4.

I don't think R4 is SDHC compatible. I use an EDGE card, works rather well, and it's basically a clone of CycloDS except it is a tad bit better in some areas.

EDGE does have auto DLDI, which is incredibly helpful, although in some cases it may require manual (If you use DSOrganize, you can boot stuff from there, but that requires manual DLDI. Doubt you will need it though.)

When it comes to DS ROMs, it allows you to press L+R+A+B+X+Y in order to revert back to the EDGE menu, and I'm sure homebrew games can take advantage of this, I just haven't seen many that have.

EDGE comes with moonshell installed as well, which is pretty handy.

And also, EDGE can support up to 32GB+ cards, from the information I've gotten.

I checked out a review on GBATemp. You might find it too. I would recommend the EDGE, but I'm not sure if it's the best. It's my first flash cart. All I can say is that so far, I haven't run into any problems. Just remember that most homebrew games require to be placed in the root.

DCEmu Newbie

i bought an EDGE card which is pretty similar to the r4 and has SDHC compatability and is being continuously updated. I got mine from Amazon and it might vary depending on region so you might have to do a bit of looking around

DCEmu Rookie

Since i'd rather not make a new topic that's on the same subject:

A modification on the above question, but also to ask what would be a good slot 1 and 2 solution would be, since my datel crappycart is...well...I don't like the fact tape is holding my sd card in, and I'd heard video playback in moonshell was better with other cards, that and added ram from slot 2 would help some homebrew, and would let me run dslinux without it being nearly as crash happy.

DCEmu Newbie

im not sure what u mean. but i bought myself an r4 and a mini sd and put loads of home brew games on it. the link is at ebay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information