Thread: Dreamcasts Not Reading Disks

Default Dreamcasts Not Reading Disks

I have gone through 2 dreamcasts and I cannot get either one to read disks. The first one I tried, I put in Sonic. It didn't work. Tried music and some homebrew. Neither worked. Got another one. Having the SAME PROBLEM. They tried this one at the store though. The first game they tried wouldn't work, but the second did. When I insert a game, it just boots to the menu, and when I go to the game thing it says to insert a disk. When I try a music CD i go into the jukebox and nothin happens. It was manufactured in 1999. HELP ME!

Well, I found out a thing I can do. If I turn the system over and press on the CD-tray it will boot the boot disk. I cant boot any homebrew from their. I thought I made the homebrew okay.... And. Is their ANY WAY to fix my disk problem. I dont want to have to take it back. HELP!!!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

it could be the laser... you can fix the laser but its risky, might be better getting a replacement or you money back. unless yiou got it very cheap (DCs go for under $30 in the US and £20ish in the uk)
    http://www.consolevision.com/members...sercalib.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    it could be the laser... you can fix the laser but its risky, might be better getting a replacement or you money back. unless yiou got it very cheap (DCs go for under $30 in the US and £20ish in the uk)
    http://www.consolevision.com/members...sercalib.shtml
    Used your guide, and got it working. Thanks

Thread Information