Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vista Makes 9 Out Of 10 Users Happy

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

It not just preformace of vista, they whole layout/ design is worse that xp (bar a few things). Its seems they just redesign the look just so it looks new.

Still I expect vista to win in the end, because what the alternative? (and don't say linux or mac os)

DCEmu Rookie

other than dx 10, there is no other reason to really upgrade to it. I found that the default protection service that is enabled that bugs you about whether or not you would like to run somthing or allow somthing very annoying. Once that was disabled vista became much more tolerable. However I didn't see anything really that new about it compared to XP other than graphical improvements.

Does it make me happy? no more than XP does.

The way I see it, Vista is for all intents and purposes getting skipped over, and businesses will instead start adapting Windows 7 over the next couple years (assuming Windows 7 turns out well). As for changes in layout, I agree it wasn't a wise move, but it was inevitable. They have to make it feel like people are getting something new to hold people's interest.
    Last edited by Auriman1; December 11th, 2008 at 01:22.

When Vista first came out, I hated it. So many bugs, so few solutions. A few months ago, I installed 32bit home basic on the computer I built. I've gotta say, Vista has come a long way in two years. I don't think going back to a previous version of Windows will be happening any time soon for me.

The next step I plan to take is building yet another computer and installing Windows 7 64bit version, when it comes out. Although, my current system is quite a beast, and I expect it to have a much longer lifespan than the average computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    Microsoft research suggests that 9 out of 10 cat owners, sorry, Vista users are happy with the OS.
    If they ask the question to those who actualy remained on ΣVista and didn't turn back to Xp a month later after use, it's obvews that they'll find the Happy users. Try asking those who are using Xp and while have already tested their ΣVista next time.

Thats why i don't trust microsoft researches...

As for my oppinion...
    You may guess it.

Reasearch done by a company who is sellign the product is never ever ever reliable. Especialy Microsoft.

Funny story, me and a friend were in Walmart and 2 teenage girls were behind us looking at the laptops. The brown Haired one starts saying she wants one, the other says why? These laptops are not the best and besides they have Vista on them. Vista sucks plain and simple.

Long story short the Brownhaired one tried to argu the fact because it was newer but her friend listed off all it's problems and all the crap it forces you shove onto your computer.

Nice to say i was happy and so was my Friend who is a computer support tech :P. We were happy to see not all people, even he younger generations are not fooled by flashy colors and desktops

PS: Those of you who insist on defending Vista are the ones who went out bought a pre-made computer, and had it shoved down your throats. Of course it may run half smoothly on a newer PC they all have duel core processors and more high tech stuff. But look at the amount of useless crap that gets installed along with it, the amount of processes it needs to run (there are even hidden ones), the compatibility with older software, even if it may be a year old it still has a high chance of not working. now take the same computer you bought, format the ****er and install XP home/ Pro and compare performance. I bet 10/10 of you Vista lovers would say holy $#@! XP new computer was cool before but wow can it run games and other programs smoothly and even faster!

DCEmu Rookie

actuqaly I havve vista through choice after getting into the beta for vista early on. It's on a self built PC that use to run XP Pro X64 and it has prety much no support what so ever. however Vista X64 has 100 times better driver and software support over XP Pro X64.

The simple fact is the people complaining about Vista now are most likly the people who sat and did the Exact same thing when XP came out. Also the people on XP always state they are waiting for windows 7 to come out. Do any of you honestly belive Microsoft will take a step back and say ok we will make a OS for low end PC's so people who probly will never by the OS for thier existing PC wont complain.

Simple fact as hardware moves on Microsoft will use it and that is what caused the whole Vista argument in the first place. Microsoft rated systems before vista came out saying if they would work with Vista or not. but no body took the time to think now why does that lable say compatable with Vista basic. Vista basic is designed for low end PC's as its is basicaly XP with a face lift so if you dont want the other parts of Vista that makes it good get Basic.

Quote Originally Posted by phsychokill View Post
    Do any of you honestly believe Microsoft will take a step back and say ok we will make a OS for low end PC's
    Frankly, yes. Ignoring home users, not all companies can afford/want to dish out money for a whole new set of computers (especially in today's economy), and that's where Microsoft makes its money. Windows 7 will require just as much RAM as Vista, but there's supposedly more optimizations being done for compatibility with older drivers, and they're using a new technology to let the main CPU handle more of the graphics processing; it's essentially shaping up to be a more functional version of Vista. While there will still be a higher quality requirement for PC's than XP, those optimizations will make Windows 7 more appealing than Vista for those with older machines that can currently enjoy a streamlined XP experience as it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information