Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Makes 9 Out Of 10 Users Happy

General games Vista Makes 9 Out Of 10 Users Happy

via Gizmodo UK

Ever since Stephen Fry threw his toys out of the pram about Vista, there's been the expected Mac Vs. PC free-for-all going on in our comments section. However, Vista's not that bad, really, at least according to the latest Microsoft research.

Microsoft research suggests that 9 out of 10 cat owners, sorry, Vista users are happy with the OS.

UK Windows product manager Laurence Painell told Silicon.com:

"We're now seeing that nine out of 10 customers that are using Vista are either satisfied or very satisfied with the experiences that they are having on a regular basis".
    That research seems pretty optimistic if you ask us since the business community has largely resisted any attempt to move away from Windows XP to Vista, extending the life of the old OS again and again.

Microsoft has dumped a lot of cash into making Vista and PCs cool, with wildly varying degrees of success [Microsoft fashion clothing anyone?].

How has your Vista experience been?

Well I hate to admit it, but Vista is pretty bad... Even my Dad hates it...:rofl:

I'm usually getting unexpected errors and things like that, and the RAM is always being taken up by the Idle Process which pees me off because games don't go as fast as average.

I think that the creators of Vista could of made a bit of a better job before releasing it...
    Last edited by Rokard111; December 10th, 2008 at 22:17.

DCEmu Rookie

been using vista ultimate x64 since beta and compaired the to the XP alternitive I wouldnt go back to XP.

64bit versions of vista are the best for speed on most modern chips and DX10 does actualy give a massive graphics increase if you havve the hardware to support it.

as for the ram being taken up it is a miss understanding of how vista works. vista loads your most used programs to ram to reduce load times. once a program needs the ram vista drops all the un needed data to free up space for the running program.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vista is great. Been running the Ultimate 64 for some time now and I don't have any complaints myself. All my games run beautifully and its better then XP in every way possible.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I have Vista on my 6 month old laptop and xp on my 6 year old pc. And my old pc with xp runs better (faster, more stable etc) Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!

When I bought my new laptop which had windows vista basic preinstalled,the first thing I did was to format and install windows xp(black)
    Vista is a big failure much like windows Millenium was

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kojiro7 View Post
    When I bought my new laptop which had windows vista basic preinstalled,the first thing I did was to format and install windows xp(black)
    Vista is a big failure much like windows Millenium was
    Have you ever used Vista? Aside from as a paperweight. Granted on a crappy PC or laptop Vista is gonna run really slow.

The idle CPU and RAM consumption kinda bugs me. I would totally use Vista 64 bit but I would need to buy an extra 2GB of ram to be able to do the work I do currently in Vista, and the fact that I can no longer overclock on my motherboard makes the CPU consumption a big factor given I am only running a PD2140.

haha i love it when people hate Vista . Its cos there computer is $#@!E or they are just too scared to try it.

I have been using Vista since it came out. And im never going back to XP again. Its much faster, easier to use and more secure too...

Also Vista has been out for two years and theres still people complaining about it? Get with the times people!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rokard111 View Post
    the RAM is always being taken up by the Idle Process which pees me off
    OMG....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

:rofl:

BEST QUOTE EVER!

....seriously hahaha

The world that actually counts (businesses) has rejected Vista, and from what I can tell, has no intention of adapting it. By direct connection, defending Vista is futile. Even if it wins over some home users and children who have parents with fat wallets to buy the latest and greatest for them, that doesn't do much for it.

In my experience using Vista, it wasn't worth it, plain and simple. XP has more than suited my purposes, is less tedious, and can properly take advantage of what my computer has to offer (I don't consider a Pentium4 2.8Ghz computer with 2GB RAM a "low-end" machine, personally).

In comparison, I'm wondering how Windows 7 will turn out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information