Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does my PSP have the ghosting problem?

DCEmu Newbie

Question Does my PSP have the ghosting problem?

I read on wikipedia that earlier models of the PSP had ghosting problems where there were objects that trailed when it moved. I havent paid attention too much about this before I read the article. My unit had 1.52 installed when I got it, so Im not sure if mine was considered the "earlier" model or was it just fine... The article said I could tell if I played GTA and exploded something big - unfortunately I dont have the game right now so I can't test it. I have however in Wipeout saw weapon explosion that resembled pixel-particles (I'm not sure if that was part of the game's style or was it hardware problem)... So how can I figure it out?

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Tbh, I thought all PSPs have ghosting problems due to the LCDs low refresh rate.

yeah mine have it too

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by yaustar
    Tbh, I thought all PSPs have ghosting problems due to the LCDs low refresh rate.
    According to the Wikipedia article - the newer models with 2.50 firmwares don't have it... Can anyone verify this?

DCEmu Newbie

$#@! really? lol im gonna have to test it out on my friends psp then. the first thing i noticed about gta on mine was the ghosting problems, kinda turned me off about it but i got used to it.

The refresh rate of the PSP IS 60hz something about the signal and volts the LCD is receiving causes the ghosting... so wile the PSP can refresh the image at 60 frames it still lingers to the high energy content... get it?

(I THINK! DONT HOLD ME TO IT)
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Rookie

I dont think i have that problem and i am running on firmware v2.60. Cant really tell since i dont have GTA for my PSP.

If you have socom or any other game where you can "Turn" around (360) then you will be able to tell

if it blur's slightly then you have the problem if it "Skips" with no blur then you are fine.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Newbie

I'm running my Ape Escape: On The Loose game and I can't tell if it's blurry or what you call "skipping" when I do the 360 thing .....

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Produkt
    If you have socom or any other game where you can "Turn" around (360) then you will be able to tell

if it blur's slightly then you have the problem if it "Skips" with no blur then you are fine.
    No Socom either. I only have Armoured Core Formula Front and Untold Legends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information