Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu Awards 2008 - Wii Homebrew of the Year

Blog Entries

Rev DCEmu Awards 2008 - Wii Homebrew of the Year

This isnt a serious awards thing but a way to guage public reaction as to what the people here at DCEmu think is the best in each category for the Year of 2008, ill let each category run until the end of Dec 31st to see who has won, theres no prizes but it will be interesting to see whats the winner voted exclusively by the members of DCEmu.

So one vote each.

Whats the Wii Homebrew of the Year ?

Your Votes Via Comments - GIve some info for your vote too.

UAE4Wii ...followed by wiiengine.

Does the homebrew channel count as one? If so, then +1 for the Homebrew channel!

Yes, Homebrew Channel. I was going to vote for Homebrew Browser until I read Dr Eggmans post.

Out of the emulators I love Fuse and really hope it is still being worked on.

ocerina love that cheat device

Snes9X is my no.1. I so am hoping for CPS1 and 2 emu's next year because the awesome Neogeo emu showed me the possibilities.

Home brew channel

DCEmu Rookie

Other than the Twilight Hack, I would say the Homebrew Channel. If the Homebrew Channel is not a possible selection, I would say GeckoOS/Ocarina.

DCEmu Newbie

Definitely the Homebrew Channel, if that is an option. It made it all easy enough that homebrew for the Wii went from being a curiosity to being as easy and convenient as a Nintendo channel. Each release smoothed out more and more rough edges, and it's shaping up to be the single best accessory one can get for the Wii, a console flooded with pointless and expensive accessories. Luckily, the Homebrew Channel is free .

If I have to name something other than HBC, I'd say I had the most fun with the SNES 9X emulator. Very few bugs, and it has evolved a lot over the year as well. I don't know how much was technically involved in porting it to the Wii, but it certainly runs plenty fast and reliably.

Of course, if you want a suggestion other than an emulator, I liked the Mplayer addition as well, especially when it gained DVD playback. Of course, I guess DVD playback was more of a "hack" than "homebrew development," but reading from burned DVD-Rs is also really promising for homebrew.

Homebrew Channel!!!!!!

I'd choose WiiGator Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma but i'm pretty sure many around here ain't agree with his work hence no knews about it here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information