Thread: Iris / BspViewer Update

PSP Coder

Default Iris / BspViewer Update

Hey guys, I though it would be a good time to give you all a status update.

It has become increasingly apperent to me that the code base is getting messy and I still have yet to properly plug things into the correct location or made it easy to expland on parts (like say suport for multiple model file formats, ex md2/md3/md4/hl). So I have desided now is probably the best time to port & rewrite the project to CPP. This way it will be cleaner and easier to work on. I also plan to start making parts open source for others to include into their project.

So the plan is to now stop where I am at and rewrite everything into cpp. Once the rewrite is done, I think everything is acceptable enough to push the long over due BspViewer 0.3 out the door. After that I plan to polish up more game mechanics for the iris 0.2 release.

Oh also sometime tonight or today. I will post up a video of the current build to BspViewer/Iris engine so you can see it in action. It's quite nice with improved box collission, jumping, & sliding suport (now you can go up & down stairs or slopes in the enviroment).

So that is about it for now. I promiss I wont disapoint for the next wave of releases regarding both projects.

Thumbs up Good Job

like say suport for multiple model file formats, ex md2/md3/md4/hl
    This is what I have been waiting for .... good job and you are making good progress on this. cant wait till the next release.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

you guys no i love making was if u teech me how to make 1 for iris i can do it

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    Oh also sometime tonight or today. I will post up a video of the current build to BspViewer/Iris engine so you can see it in action. It's quite nice with improved box collission, jumping, & sliding suport (now you can go up & down stairs or slopes in the enviroment).
    Hi there! Sorry for exhumating this ol' post (it's due to the fact I realize I wasn't really aware on the Iris legend (since the beginning to the Big Bang )).

I was wondering, the video PSMonkey is talking about, well, exists ???

I don't think so, but if it is somewhere...

See ya!

Ok...

I suggest you just stay with MD4, HL-MDL, and IF it had to come to it MD3...

but only 2 of these model formats are similar... and even then its not a close match... personaly its much easyer to make HL-MDL's BUT its something without source so I say MD4 (its not hard to port these models I've done one... not verry well... but I did manage it...)

and MD3 for props and map models...
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

Thread Information