Thread: Version changer 2.5

Default Version changer 2.5

Hi all - I'm a newbie here but keen to get my head around homebrew etc - but I've hit a little problem. I bought the Sims 2, which requires 2.5 firmware to run. I'm running 1.5, after downgrading with MPH downgrader from 2.0 (it's a JAP PSP). Homebrew runs fine on this, and I don't want to lose it.

However, I'd like to play the Sims game - but obviously won't upgrade. So I thought perhaps I could trick the PSP into thinking I was running 2.5 somehow.

I downloaded sonyxteam's latest version changer, which allows you to fake set firmware at 7.5! But the game wasn't fooled, and it didn't run. Any other ideas? Anybody come across this?

Your help would be really appreciated.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Looks like youhave to make a choice. Homebrew or Sims2.
    Side news, Fanjitsu or whatever his/her name is, is making breakthroughs in playing homebrew on 2.01 - 2.6.

Is that really the case though? I've been led to believe you can dupe the psp into thinking the version has changed.

And clearly, Homebrew is the winner over those silly Sim people. I guess I just want to both have my cake and eat it.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Only if the game doesn't make any use of the new firmware features then you can dupe the game thinking its running in the correct firmware version.

OK - found the answer. If you upgrade to 2.0, then use Fanjita's eboot loader, (latest version) to run a program called pspsetx 0.2 (google it), you can trick it into believing it's on 2.5.

I am now both having my cake, and eating it. Ho ho

Quote Originally Posted by martins298
    OK - found the answer. If you upgrade to 2.0, then use Fanjita's eboot loader, (latest version) to run a program called pspsetx 0.2 (google it), you can trick it into believing it's on 2.5.

I am now both having my cake, and eating it. Ho ho
    Tried that with megaman maverick hunter. It loaded, got to the autoload from memcard, then it goes to a screen with acessing, then it dies. Anyone help.

It Probably Won't Work Proparly With The Encryption On Newer PSP Games.

DCEmu Newbie

sims is weird i have it lol to play it upgrade to 2.0 and u can play it

I just got the new Steet Fighter Alpha 3 and the same issue here

DCEmu Newbie

really works version changer? i have 1.5 firmware can you say me one example that i can try for see version changer software works? thanks!

Thread Information