Thread: Putting CFW 5.00 on Fat OFW 2.81...

Default Putting CFW 5.00 on Fat OFW 2.81...

My friend has a Fat PSP with official Firmware 2.81. I'd like to mod his PSP but would also like him to be able to play the newest games.

I've successfully modded my PSP slim before, but that was around the 2.71 days and things seemed simpler.

Can I just make a Magic Memory stick out of my 1gig card, put it in the 2.81 OFW Fat, and it will upgrade right to CFW 5.00 (Or whatever the newest version is) or will I have to upgrade in stages from 2.81 to 3.0, then to 4.0, THEN to 5.0, etc?

Help is appreciated!

EDIT: The Pandora battery I have is one I created from my PSP Slim battery. I can use this same battery to mod a fat PSP correct?
    Last edited by phased3000; December 30th, 2008 at 10:51.

PSP Slim batteries and Fat batteries don't get on, you'll short out the console (different voltages apparently)

If you have Lumines, you could update to 3.50 and downgrade back to 1.5 and then up to custom firmware 3.52 M33-4 then 5.00 M33.

Lumines is always floating around, you might have some luck finding it in a shop or simply at an video store.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    PSP Slim batteries and Fat batteries don't get on, you'll short out the console (different voltages apparently)

If you have Lumines, you could update to 3.50 and downgrade back to 1.5 and then up to custom firmware 3.52 M33-4 then 5.00 M33.

Lumines is always floating around, you might have some luck finding it in a shop or simply at an video store.

Good luck!
    Thanks for this info, looks like I'll just be lending my modded Slim to my friend for a while until we find a copy of Lumines

You could also buy a Datel tool battery.
    It's like a pandora battery, except made by Datel.

It works great, I've used it many, many times.

Once you're on FW 1.50, use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. It takes you straight to 5.00M33-4.

Very easily!

Thread Information