Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebrew and Emulation on PSPs up to V2.5 a Reality Now

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Homebrew and Emulation on PSPs up to V2.5 a Reality Now

Fanjita has finally released the Eboot loader that uses the door left in the game Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, heres the information from the readme file:

<blockquote>eLoader for GTA beta by Fanjita and Ditlew

Includes code by:
    Groepaz
    Delyan Kalchev
    Edison Carter
    Bitmap1

This package allows you to run some standard PSP homebrew on any version of Grand Theft Auto, and PSP firmware version v2.0, v2.01 and v2.5. It's an initial test of the loader, that doesn't support the full range of homebrew, but works well enough for an initial release.

It does NOT run on v2.60 firmware.

Please note also the new name for the EBOOT Loader - "eLoader".

To install:
    ===========

Use WinRAR to unpack the contents of this package into the root (topmost) folder on your memory stick. Note that if you have an existing GTA savegame that uses slot 5, then this will be overwritten by the eLoader savegame. You can see which slots you are using by the folder names - ULES00182SX, ULES00151SX or ULUS10041SX : X is the slot number.

To make sure that the eLoader is not auto-started by GTA, you can copy another GTA savegame folder off your memory stick, and then back onto the memory stick now. Now you can copy your homebrew files into subfolders in the /psp/game/ folder.

To use:
    =======

Start up GTA as normal. When it has loaded, select "Load Game", select the eLoader savegame and confirm the load as normal. After a short delay, the eLoader menu should appear. Select the homebrew to run using the D-Pad, and the X button. You can select a CPU speed with the L + R shoulder buttons, or press START to restart your PSP.

To return to the menu, you can usually hold the L+R shoulder buttons, then hold START for a few seconds. This doesn't work for every application. The HOME button doesn't work, this is a known problem.

Troubleshooting:
    ================

One common problem is that sometimes GTA has problems if it auto-loads this savegame at startup. You can avoid this by making sure that the datestamp on the new savedata folders is older than the most recent game that you saved with GTA. This should happen automatically if you use WinRAR to extract the files. If you still have problems with GTA crashing as soon as it starts, then try this:

* Start GTA with no memory stick inserted. You should get a warning, and then start the intro movies.
    * Once the intro has finished, either play through the first mission until you can get to a game save point, or just load up an existing save (not the Tetris save).
    * Now save your position in a new save slot.

You should then find that GTA autoloads your normal savegame, letting you select the eLoader savegame later.

You might find that removing unused save folders helps. There are 3 versions of the folders in this package, to cover all known versions of the game. You only really need the version appropriate to your copy of the game, which is:
    ULES00182S* for German GTA
    ULUS10041S* for US GTA
    ULES00151S* for all other versions.

Known Working Homebrew:
    =======================

I'll keep an up-to-date list of working homebrew at http://www.fanjita.org/gta_working.html.

For now, the (short) list that has been tested is:
    uo_Snes9x v0.02y32
    Dual Tetris
    Lunar Lander
    Ghost in the Matrix
    Nem's Hello World</blockquote>

Download via the Comments

WE HAVE NOW SET UP A NEW FORUM FOR DISCUSSION EBOOT LOADERS AND THE GTA LOADER PLEASE POST AWAY HERE =--> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Great work Fanjita

DCEmu Newbie

GOD no I just bought a 2.6 today GOD why me? why now?

Thanks Fanjita and all the team members, psp owners everywhere will forever be greatful for all your accomplishments

i have 2.0 and i use the eboot laoder 9.0 but this news is amazing 1.0 to 2.5 can run homebrew FAJITA you are the man

If you get stuck you can ask fanjita and others for help directly at pspu, as mentioned in the readme and in the article I WROTE. Not to mention the fact that it was an exclusive release.

PSP Updates

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    yeah im sick of scene wars and i admit to having an explosive temper but i do care that coders dont get the proper credit as they are our scene and i dont forget that.
    I guess news posters dont fall under that category.
    :: PSP Lua - PSP Lua Games and Homebrew
    :: PSP Skins - PSP Skins, Wallpaper and Templates
    :: Anime Avatars- Anime and Cartoon Avatar Gallery

Bill Nye Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does

DCEmu Newbie

this is amazing! great work Fanjita!! This release came faster then i ever could imagine.

DCEmu Pro

Great job Fanjita and Ditlew
    Definately a big day for the psp scene
    Keep it up!!

now all I would want is to be able to play my games from memory stick on a 2.0, i used to like having zero loading times on my 1.5 legal backup games

Omfgggggggggg Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Go Fajita U R T3h Haxxors!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone know if a downgrader is in the works, or even possible?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information