Thread: Report: PS3 leads Wii ... in web browsing

Blog Entries

ps3 Report: PS3 leads Wii ... in web browsing

If you've ever wondered "Does anyone actually browse the web on consoles?," Market Share has an answer for you: yes, but not very many people. The firm reports that .04% of all web browsing is performed on PS3, compared to the .01% of Wii, the only other current-gen console with a browser.

Of course, PS3's browser is built-in; Wii's particular version of Opera costs 500 Wii Points ($5) and, well, people have to seek it out among the other WiiWare offerings. So, tell us, are you reading Joystiq on a console, and if so, which one?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/02/re...-web-browsing/

DCEmu Rookie

tried web-browsing. The resolution is pretty bad and have a tough time reading stuff. I'll stick to my computer.

Yeah. Even on an 40 inch HDTV browsing the web is just too damn hard on the eyes. However, if I find something cool on youtube/google video I sometimes watch on my PS3.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by goshogun1 View Post
    Yeah. Even on an 40 inch HDTV browsing the web is just too damn hard on the eyes. However, if I find something cool on youtube/google video I sometimes watch on my PS3.
    Its probably worse with a bigger screen as the lack of resolution becomes more apparent. THen again, I'm just speculating.

lemme boot up my wii real quick I've got it hooked up to a 26 AND a 13 inch. I'll see which one looks better side-by-side.

edit: damn, won't connect to my router right now
    Last edited by grossaffe; January 3rd, 2009 at 10:44.

Lol I'm actually viewing this on my iPhone =) Don't think that counts as a console though haha

Thread Information