Quote Originally Posted by paulmw30
    I've had a nother try with the updated eloader and am now getting

error: castaway emulator can only be run from the folder :

ms0: /psp/game/atari_st/

I have the following folders in that folder :-

castaway(v1.0)
    CaSTawayPSP
    CaSTawayPSP%

The rom is in this root folder (atari_st) so what am I missing ? Any Ideas ?

Thanks

put the contents of CASTAWAYPSP folder and castaway(v1.0) in one folder called ATARI_ST

DCEmu Newbie

hey i try to download fanjitas thing but is keeps coming up as corrupted data

Default ...

Let me help everyone out here by posting a few tips on using the loader to stop the confusion...

- The current version is 0.97 (Bock) . If you have an older version, upgrade.
    - You need a legit UMD of Grand Thieft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
    - You MUST use the installer for windows OR install the loader as explained in the readme in the zip file.
    - Not all EBoots work. Some syscalls, System Calls, are not fully implimented, as Fanjita explained.
    - ALL EBoots MUST, I repeat, MUST be in ms0:/PSP/GAME/. replace ms0 with your PSP's drive letter.
    - If the folder in /PSP/GAME/ does NOt contain a file called eboot.pbp, then it is NOT the correct folder from the archive. Look into the archive until you find the folder that has the eboot.pbp file in it.
    - If you edit the /PSP/GAME/ file system using FileManager or FA, you MUST delete the eBoot Cache in /PSP/ELOADER, unless you got the alternate version of Bock (0.97).
    - If a game does not work, delete it, or read the readme that came with the game to make sure it was installed properly. Unlike 0.95 and below where trying again often worked, from my experience, bock is FLAWLESS at loading.
    - USB does NOT work in with a GTA load.
    - Infra-red seems to not work.
    - Use 1.0 eBoots in favor of 1.5 eBoots. If you must use 1.5 eBoots, do not add the duplicate folder with the % sign added. This often causes the loader to not load at all, or the game to not load to the list.
    - If your faced with downloading kernel-mode or user-mode versions of an app, get user mode. Very seldomly do kernel-mode apps fail.
    - The loader is FLAWED and no longer in development. Some eBoots will load and crash. some will not load at all. Some will not respond like they should.

To run, start Grand Thieft Auto. Why else would you need to buy it? :P
    If another game save loads, use the start menu to load the eBoot loader gamesave.

The loader works by loading a eboot through a gamesave, and that eboot loads another eboot, which will ALSO load another eboot (yours).

To go over, the eboot.pbp files should be like so:

ms0:/PSP/GAME/(GAMENAME)/eboot.pbp

You SHOULD have a /PSP/ELoader folder with a pbp and a few other files in it.

There must be that game save in the GTA saves directory.

And best off, you probably should have read Fanjitas readme. Alot of this is all covered in it. He was smart enough to build it, he was smart enough to tell you how to use it

Fanjita also reccomends using Edison Carters cheat device, loading it first, unloading it (or eLoader won't load at all) with L + R + Up, and loading the eLoader gamesave.

Any questions, e-mail me or Fanjita.
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    - James L.
    Deep Blue Games

Hi Guys, can anyone help!.

I have a US PSP, which has been upgraded to 2.6. I am running the eloader for GTA, and trying to load the snes emu. The PSP just shuts down after I load? I have tried to find the answer elsewhere, but have been unsuccessful, so I have posted here.

Hope you can help!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information