Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nincest 64 Ported To PSP (Nintendo 64 Emulator)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Nincest 64 Ported To PSP (Nintendo 64 Emulator)

PSMonkey who has a site on our Network and more importantly the coder of NGPSP, the Neogeo Pocket Emulator for the PSP, Iris and Quake 3 BSP Viewer has released the Worlds first Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP, heres the details in full:

<blockquote>Well i bring you the "theoreticaly" first nintendo 64 emulator for psp. Before you get your hopes up, it only runs a small number of homebrew demos.

Here is the readme

P.S. If you wish to join my protest, post here on the forums!!

Nincest 64

// NINCEST 64 by Marius Dumitrean [[email protected]]

// PSP Port By PSmonkey (http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk/)

// Based on the dreamcast port by Gpf (http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/)

// Icon by pochi

http://pochistyle.pspwire.net/

// My Protest

NOTE: THIS README MUST BE POSTED IN FULL, ANY REMOVAL WILL CALL FOR THE RELEASE REMOVED FROM THE SITE!

My Protest

I am sick and tired of sites treating coders like property. We are here for the scene! We are not your property!

You do not own us! We would still be here without you and just as strong!
    This project is dedicated to all scene coders out there keeping up the good fight to progress the scene and not for cash, fame or being bought out by sites. This project is dead from here on out untill this scene improves!

If you wish to join my protest, please visit my homepage. http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

Enjoy the emu. Ps, This wont run commercial n64 roms.

// Info

This is theoreticaly the first n64 emulator on the psp. It only runs 2 PD/Homebrew demos (stars & fire) which are included with the release. If the scene improves. I will come back and eventualy get a working emulator that will allow psp users to play smaller n64 games like mario 64 on their psp. If not, this emulator stops here. Also do note the source is included.

// To Use

1) Copy the "n64" Folder to the root of the memory stick.
    ..) Example "G:\" (replace G: with your psp drive letter)
    2) Copy the files from the folder containing your psp version number
    ..) Example, 1.0 users will go into 1.0 folder and copy the psp directory to the root of the memory stick.
    3) Run the software

// Greetings

wraggster, GPF, Pochi, Zeenbor, Lac, Everybody who worked on this emu & all at dcemu!</blockquote>

Check out the first Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP at the release page here -> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

Awsome work on this!!!!!!!! I wish I could say sorry for all the noobs who act like coders owe them something but I hope you come back to continue this project and the many other ones you have done a great job on. I realize this takes a long time and you have my respect. We owe YOU something man, you guys are the one that makes the PSP better and better. I am greatly appreciated and I will join the resistance to clean up the scene.

DCEmu Newbie

I'll join the resistance im so sick of all this crap thats why ive never posted before. Thanks for actually making a stand we should get lots of people now youve showed them this little gem ^-^

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a good refresher for the PSP scene. It breathes life into a scene which in recent months has been plagued by "Warez-$#@!s" , as 1timeuser would put it, and corrupted money-hungry sites. Somewhere in between Hello World and now some people sold out and forgot what the scene is all about. Now I'm not going to name names but we all have our suspicions towards certain people. These people should take this as a warning that many talented coders such as PSmonkey may in fact stop coding up jewels such as this release. Not just sites but some coders have lost there way to it seems, they should look past the money and get back to good old no-strings attached homebrew.

Anyway like I said seeing something like this refreshing for all.

PS: Wow quite that was quite the rant. Not exactly thought out but the point gets across I suppose.

DCEmu Rookie

wow i thinked that actually wasnt possible, but thats some good news, but still a lot of way till it be at least playable, (snes n gba arent) but keep it going
    to smash bro, adhoc someday!!!!

DCEmu Rookie

Haha... how about that - I actually predicted it would be a N64 emulator.

DCEmu Regular

but I'll still say it. It's still 'almost' impossible. What's running? 2D very small home brew apps... and slow at that. Add 3d, a 64Mb cart... and it's gonna totally choke.
    Not bashing, just a pessimist (sp?)

As for his protest... right on! Web site owners think they 'own' coders? As if! Website owners should be kissing the coders *sses for gracing their forums with their presence!
    I'm with you all the way on that one PSMonkey! And if you really think you can get a commercial game running at 30fps... more power to you. You're a better man than I for even trying!

Wow! Goldeneye in the palm of my hands? Perfect Dark!!!!!!!? My life would be umm at least 10% complete ok i need to get a life. . .anyway. . . .

I could not agree with the author/authors of this awesome emulator anymore. . .I have been with the psp scene since the memory stick swap method on the version 1.50 psp and the scene used to be so much more fun and interesting each and everyday! Team WAB was here, xuphorz was always online a lot helping me when I was a noob, (along with Kaiser) 1timeuser was there too. . . Than all that dumb stuff with who was to take the credit for the 2.00 downgrade, ISO's and all that stuff leaked in and destroyed the scene. Everyone always tries to get the credit for posting the news first. (**********) Can't we all just get along everyone?

To the author of this emulator-Fantastic Job

DCEmu Newbie

Smile cool

This is what i have been waiting for i hope you dicede to keep going with this project.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information