Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The official version 3.00 thread!

Default The official version 3.00 thread!

What do YOU hope to see in version 3.00?

• Adobe (Macromedia) Flash Player support
    • Built-in POP e-mail client
    • Streaming audio and video without use of RSS
    • Future support for "MediaCapture", a camera with a microphone that plugs into the USB jack that can record PSP-compatible photos, audio, and videos. There could be like a MediaCapture icon underneath the three and whichever you pick it starts!
    • SNES and Genesis emulator support (kind of a stretch, but Sony could get the rights to digitally sig and sell copies of ROMs. Of course, they would have to be like instantly linked with your MAC address so they could not be distributed illegally online.)
    • Support for USB keyboards
    • Bluetooth USB hub
    • Support for MPEG, AVI, or even WMV videos
    • Built-in AIM, YIM, MSNM
    • Option for no UMD auto-load

Now if 3.00 supported all that, I would update in a second. (The ones I have typed in green are the ones that I think are most likely.) SCREW HOMEBREW! Just kidding. Of course, 3.00 may not be out for another 3-4 months. Maybe, if Sony likes to tick off people, they could wait longer lol
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hell I'd prefer no new firmware comes out. The sooner they stop making them the better. That way we can work on these firmwares and finally stop worrying about what sony is cooking up next.

yeah firmwares for the sony psp are F&$k if they contain security

DCEmu Newbie

I want more new firmwares that can be DUMPed. Because I can run it with firmware loader. So, Why not new firmware updates

Just because new firmwares will up security doesn't mean they are bad. Get your minds out of the gutters, people. Homebrew isn't everything. Just because Sony doesn't want you to do it doesn't mean that it is the coolest thing ever. We are looking for ways to make the PSP better. These new features would beg me to update. In fact, if I had a LocationFree base station, I would be at 2.60 right now.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

PSP User

I would like midi support. It wouldn't make me update, but it'd be a nice feature if I ever do decide to update.
    Also, my mind is not "in the gutters", I think very highly of the developers and people who work for this scene and try to support it. If you think that my mind is in the gutters when I think about homebrew, what you're really saying is that you think the same of the homebrew developers who are thinking about homebrew and where they could go next. I suggest you just leave if you don't support the scene. After all, that's one of the main reasons we have all these updates in the first place; it's because of the homebrew devs and their dedication. So, your thanks should only go partly to Sony for these updates.

Homebrew support.

Yeah. I went there.

If Sony would give homebrew developers a hook into userspace code, developers would be able to code for them, but without access to kernel space, apps which allow UMD's to be emulated via ISO files wouldn't be allowed.

I don't think WMV will ever become a possibility. Sony has a utility for converting media to a PSP compatable format. WMV licensing costs a lot of money, and a lot more freedom. I know when the Rio Karma licensed the WMA codecs from MS, they had to agree that their kernel would be closed source, and all sorts of voodoo to preserve the DRM protection features of WMA. Though Sony probably never has plans to open up the source to the firmware, they may have some plans for it which they don't want to be locked under some restrictive license by MS. Besides, they're not exactly best friends...why would they deal with MS and get people to move to their formats if they didn't have to?

Many of your other suggestions would be dumb if USB keyboard support doesn't get implemented. And it's under debate as to if the USB chip is capable of being the host in a connection. If it's not, forget about keyboards. Unless they're intelligent, proprietary keyboards, which would be too expensive for most consumers anyway. Demand would be pretty low, considering the PSP is a portable device, and a large keyboard would make it less portable. Cost would go up.

I second Festizzio's motion. If you don't support homebrew, then what are you doing here?

DCEmu Newbie

i dont think theyll put avi or mpeg support... cause if u think about it they dont want us to pirate games and if u could play avi's then theres very little stopping u from pirating movies

PSP User

Quote Originally Posted by DrX
    i dont think theyll put avi or mpeg support... cause if u think about it they dont want us to pirate games and if u could play avi's then theres very little stopping u from pirating movies
    Pirates are able to just download avis and mpegs, then convert to mp4 anyway, so there's virtually nothing stopping them now. So, avi and mpeg support would not be as bad a double-edged sword as you think.

DCEmu Newbie

I hope Sony will allow to run homebrew - legal without iso loader but as far as i know Sony will never do such thing =]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information