Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Psix For PSP Released - Lite version Downloadable

Blog Entries

Question Psix For PSP Released - Lite version Downloadable

Naoneo has released the PSix Project, heres the details:

" It's finally here!, we are proud to present to the psp scene, Psix, This not only marks the release of psix, but the beginning of a revolution, high quality visuals with high quality coding seemlessly merged to provide the user with the most fluid home-grown software experience ever!
    And remember, it doesn't stop here, even after release we will be working none stop to impliment more and more features, and extend psix to something absolutely uniqe!

Haven't got a psp?, that's fine!, you can STILL testdrive psix by checking out the Psix Flash demo!

I would also like to make it clear that Psix pro membership ($9.99) is not payment for psix itself, the fee is for pro membership, which entitles the user to private forum access, and access to the latest updates and advancements, months before they are added to Psix lite (which will be updated with new features). "

More info

<blockquote>Features to be included for Lite :

- Eboot/UMD Launching with Psix callback
    - Fully featured audio player
    - Audio player playlist with shuffle, repeat, loop etc.
    - Professional skin

Features for future releases (PRO membership users only) :

- Module management system
    - More skins!
    - File manager
    - Image viewer
    - User set-able backgrounds
    - CPU Speed controll
    - UMD/Homebrew boot tool
    - Network functionality, updating, downloading and sharing
    - Video playback (may make it for release)
    - Advanced boot configuration (2.00 eboot support)
    - RSS reader

Modules :-

- Ski-Free
    - Text reader/editor
    - Notebook
    - PBP (Psix Basic Painter)
    - Psix Calendar/Scheduler

FAQ

Q) Can psix boot v2.00 games such as GTA?
    A) Yes and No, some v2.00 required games do run from psix without update, but sadly most (Including GTA) do not.

Q) Does psix replace the Sony dash?
    A) No, psix is just an application you can run

Q) Doesn't psix violate any GPLs, IPLs or TOUs?
    A) No, psix operates without violating any rules and laws surrounding licenses and agreements.

Q) What's pro membership?
    A) Pro membership gives you direct access to the latest developments in psix, and gives you direct interaction with the psix team for bug quishing, suggestions and idea, we will be working closely with the pro members to make psix the best it can possibly be.

Q) What do i get with pro membership?
    A) You as a privliaged user, get access to the following :
    - Frequent software updates
    - Private members forum for discussing and suggesting changes to psix
    - Access to the latest builds all uniquely built for your specific psp
    - Live support for the software via IRC
    - Free addons such as official skins, wallpapers, modules and tools

Q) How long do you plan on keeping psix updated?
    A) We forsee given various factors such as sony's required firmware updates and general product life, between one and two years.

Q) How can i be sure some of the payment will go back to the psp community via the PDR program?
    A) Honestly, you can't however i will personally ask that anyone who receives funding/resources from the PDR project, give us their username and a few words about it, so that people know if, and exactly who benefits from the program.

Q)Will the psix forum be open to the public?
    A) No, the forums are for pro members only, this removes the possibility of spammers, trolls and crackers sniffing around to find someone with a copy of pro to 'leak'.

Q)Will psix lite be updated?
    A) YES!, psix lite WILL be updated, however updates to psix lite will come slower than those that psix pro members have access to, the average time frame we are working with is that features from pro will slowly make it into lite after 2 or 3 months of them being in pro, so if you really do not wish to purchase pro membership, you can still enjoy the updates pro membership brings, but at a later date!</blockquote>

Download the lite version via the comments and please leave feedback on this release.

DCEmu Newbie

how do u use the audio player because i tried to do it but it doesnt work

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

It doesnt work at all!

I tried BOTH the 1.0 and the 1.5 files and I get a bunch of BS saying not enough memory

whatever guys GREAT RELEASE!! I hope you get all your money MUAHH AHAAAHA HAHAHA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

awesome

hey now, at least they're trying. it is a nice concept. and i'm sure that one of the "pro" members will slip us the releases the second they are out, so that whole thing will be shot to hell...quick.

this is true monkey very true

all things come to those who wait

DCEmu Newbie

Honestly I can't see the selling point in this piece of homebrew i.e. (What would actually make you wanna buy this?) I'm all for devs and the great work they do but this honestly is just a shell that offers nothing that I can't already do without having the shiny shell\gui it offers. I mean honestly what's the benifits if any on buying this as I can't see none. There was so much hype behind this yet it offers nothing I can't already do (quite a rip off if you ask me). I must say it's great they put their time and efforts into something like this but nothing sells me on it. Will future updates include something I can't already do w/o the shell?

Sorry for the negativity but this honestly just baffels me.

DCEmu Rookie

Bunch of ****, I should report them to Sony for selling unsigned and illegal code. Yes, all homebrew is illegal - it violates the agreements the user must agree to before using the PSP.

Unsigned code = illegal. Selling it? You wanna end up in court? ***holes. Next time make your WHOLE homebrew free to the public like it should be, stop money-scabbing.

DCEmu Newbie

I hope that the pro version is working better than the lite. if fluff did release a fake, that's pathetic...

DCEmu Newbie

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmulatorGuy
    Bunch of ****, I should report them to Sony for selling unsigned and illegal code. Yes, all homebrew is illegal - it violates the agreements the user must agree to before using the PSP.

Unsigned code = illegal. Selling it? You wanna end up in court? ***holes. Next time make your WHOLE homebrew free to the public like it should be, stop money-scabbing.

Last week, i did say that on the first psix post and some guys told me that i'm idiot.Now i can tell them, enjoy your psix shell

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmulatorGuy

You sir are an idiot. Sony can't do anything about homebrew as long we're not pirating. You don't *sign* any agreement. The user manual(which I did not receive since I purchased my PSP used) says that using homebrew violates your warranty. Meaning your PSP is no longer under warranty.

How is unsigned code illegal. Go read the law before you start quoting it. According to your arguement even free homebrew is illegal.

FYI, the homebrew is free. Your paying for support and faster updates not the actual program.

Since you know so much about the law and how it works. Report Fluff to Sony. I want them to send him a cease and desist order. They won't.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information