Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ps2vice 1.22 (PS2) - Commodore Systems Emulator for PS2

ps2 ps2vice 1.22 (PS2) - Commodore Systems Emulator for PS2

Release of ps2vice-1.22.
    Vice emulates the C64, the C64DTV, the C128, the VIC20, almost all PET models, the PLUS4 and the CBM-II (aka C610).

New features:

- Upgrade to vice-1.22.
    - Use the analog joysticks on your PS2 controller pads as joysticks.
    - Mass storage device support.
    - Autostarting P00 files supported.
    - True drive emulation somehow working.
    - Config files (change default settings without recompiling.
    - Ask for confirmation when quick loading/saving snapshots (optional).
    - New keyboard for C64 (from PSPVice).

Sorry for the strange targz extension, this forum doesn't support tar.gz or even tar.bz2 attachments.

Georg

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Blog Entries

thanks for the news/release, i must actually add those extensions to the file upload thing

DCEmu Rookie

Thanks for this release, I just tested it for a while. True drive emulation increases compatibility significantly.
    There seems to be a controller bug however, if you disable the analog joysticks, the fire key stays on the digital pad, and doesn't move to the cross button.

Also, I was wondering if there's a chance you might be able to enable a saving feature to mc/mass in the future (instead of snapshoting only to memory) and/or writing save games to disk on mass/other writeable media, since without such a feature, a number of (mostly RPG and strategy games) aren't really playable.
    Last edited by Starscream; February 24th, 2009 at 22:09.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi everyone!
    Is it possible to run this emu (or make it able to run) on a PS3 (60gb pal) via swapmagic and psxloader ?

DCEmu Newbie

This is good work, well done!

What are your plans for Save States to MC? I don't know if you are working on a feature list but how about these:-

(1) Memory Card (or USB/HD) save states
    (2) Palette Selection (i.e. Frodo)
    (3) Emulation speedup. True Drive emulation can be slow, an option to increase by increments of 50%

Once again well done - let us know if you are considering any of the above.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello again!

I play around a little with the Files. On my PS2 it works fine from mass via ulaunch3.41(starting the X64 file). Doing the same thing on my PS3, it hangs up while loading sjpcm.irx (the red window says so). I try it with launchelf3.41, ulaunchelf4.38 psxloaoder0.8b and swapmagic3.6+.

maybe its useful

Hi,
    thanks for the interest.
    At the moment I don't have time to work on it, but I'll look at it in several weeks.
    I don't own a PS3, so I can't test.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Many thanks!

Thanks a lot, Georg, for this huge improvent to PS2Vice. I had almost given up my hopes of ever being able to play (the C64 version of) California Games on the PS2.
    Still I wonder why the third SID voice is missing in the California Games intro (percussions are missing). Interestingly, after I switch the SID filters off and on again while the music is playing, all three voices are there. (PSPVice has exactly the same problem.)
    Another problem in many games is that the true drive emulation slows down the emulation speed even if there is no drive access (e.g. while Surfing in California Games or while driving in Hot Wheels). Do you think you can do something about that? A simple fix for both issues would be to trigger the SID filter switch with R1 and toggle true drive emulation with R2 (or other buttons, should these two already be in use, I haven't checked.)

Chris

Addendum: The 'one voice missing' bug occurs with fastSID only. When reSID is selected, all three voices are there. The reSID emulation, however, has a different bug, causing a short disruption in the music every ten seconds or so.
    Last edited by c_h_r_i_s; August 15th, 2009 at 09:05. Reason: added further details

DCEmu Newbie

Hi kranoldweinreich,

Regarding saving states to MC or MASS: the emulator PS2InfoGB has had some development regarding save states which you may be able to use:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/official...by-karasq.html

PS2Vice already saves a state to memory, yes? Would it be possible to use PS2InfoGB routines to "write" the contents of the save state from memory to MC: or MASS: ? PS2InfoGB uses 28 character file name plus the ".sav" extension. When loading PS2Vice it could check the .sav against the .d64 filename and load on L2 button press.

You could also use the config file you have already created for PS2Vice to store the savefile location. (MC: MASS: HDD

Just a thought.

Thanks

Works Great! Keep up the good work. I used to love my old C64! The only thing missing is a save to MC. That would be awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information