Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTYL 0.03 W.I.P status update only

PSP Coder

Default Snes9xTYL 0.03 W.I.P status update only

Yoyofr author of the Snes9xTYL emulator for PSP , has update his w.i.p status on next version Snes9xTYL 0.03

here's a status update for next release :
    * some small bug fixes (gfx rendering, memory card issues, ...)
    * 2 releases : one with sound mixing (not emulation, only mixing) on the media engine, requiring kernel mode, so firmware 1.0 & 1.5
    one with standard mixing on main cpu, in user mode, so probably working on all firmware until 2.6 (but not sure since neocdpsp is user mode only and doesn't seem to work well on 2.0+ firmware)
    * mode 7 optimizations for "not rotated" rendering (for example maps in rpg, ...).
    * minor new features : delete rom in file browser, delete save state

I'm currently working on stability issues when you go to sleep mode & resume.
    As soon as it's ok, I'll release it. Perhaps I'll implement a new menu using neocdpsp work from radius, I've to check with him
    more to come...

Default Thank you so much!

Thanks for the update. This is already an awesome work of homebrew and to here that it is still being worked on warms my heart. Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Thumbs up Well

I really hope this works on 2.0
    But its no Big deal if it doesnt.
    I mean the old snes tyl works fine on 2.0 and still does a great job,
    So heres to hopeing, But not really worrying about it

Quote Originally Posted by miemt11
    * 2 releases : one with sound mixing (not emulation, only mixing) on the media engine, requiring kernel mode, so firmware 1.0 & 1.5
    one with standard mixing on main cpu, in user mode, so probably working on all firmware until 2.6 (but not sure since neocdpsp is user mode only and doesn't seem to work well on 2.0+ firmware)
    Probably a stupid question but what does this actually mean in terms of performance? better FPS? better sound quality?

Anyway, great news that it's still being worked on, even the current version is pretty much all I use my PSP for

DCEmu Regular

same Q here... what does the mixing do for us in terms of performance?

Shame on you... got us all hot, bothered, and drooling over our keyboards...

If this still does not include game genie, it won't be going on my psp. I hope they implement it.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kyus
    If this still does not include game genie, it won't be going on my psp. I hope they implement it.
    Patience IS a virtue, personally I'd rather have an emulator running at a better speed than a slow one with cheat code options....

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kyus
    here's an helpful hint, threatening developers by saying you won't use their FREE software is not a good way to get them to implement anything

go write it yourself!

DCEmu Newbie

STOP THE PRESS
    -----------------

Attention, SnesTYL developers, kyus will not be using your snes emu if you do not implement Game Genie support, i repeat kyus will NOT be using your emu if he can't cheat his way through Mario Paint and the like. I suggest Yoyofr makes this his number one priorty and somehow steers this upcoming release away from imminent disaster.

STOP THE PRESS
    ----------------

Seriously, its not even out and you're already panning it ! The coders are probably already flat-out trying to speed up the emu using the media engine and other fixes and enhancements; basically cheat-codes are the cherry on the pie, so next time wait till the pie has been baked before asking for the cherry (here ends the banal analogy).

Anyhow, have to say I'm looking forward to a new release of this emu, nice to see its still been worked on after all this time.

you dorks need to stop taking offence to stupid things like that. I'm not panning it. I just still use y's release because of its cheat support. seriously. I made a simple statement, not slagging the emu in any way. One of the coders wishes to implement it, and I hope they do. calm it.

User: "OH... I have a 2.60 PSP... I can't use the new TYL release"

Loser: "WHA U M33N U C@N'T Y00S 1T? 1S 1T N0T L33T ENUFF 4 U? L0LZ0RZ! *proceeds to write an lengthy and utterly pointless post, hoping to score points with the mods, or some guy masquerading as a chick.* U SHULD B BANZ0RD!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information