Attempting to code a homebrew, but I have a few questions.

I've looked all over but I can't really find a code or example code of what I'm looking for.

1. I'm looking for a code where I load the homebrew SMPEG runs a test.mp4 movie that plays all the way through and the movie stops if you press X or Start it stops the test.mp4 goes to a picture (menu screen), and if I were to hit X again (such as new game option) it plays a test2.mp4 with no way to interrupt.

Can't really find much on SMPEG other than the libraries for it, I've seen some people say the SMPEG player is buggy but I supposedly have an recently updated version of it, is there an easier way to play movies in this same manner as in a different format? I have the movies I want, its just a matter of converting them if I have to.

2. I have a model I wish to use after the second movie, I just want the model to walk around using the control stick on a picture.

I know the psp has you need to code deadzones on the control stick because it doesn't center properly, but how does the positioning for the deadzones work? What would the best picture format would be the best quality to use?

Any help or information would be much appreciated.