Thread: Google targets PSP to build municipal Wi-Fi networks

Blog Entries

Default Google targets PSP to build municipal Wi-Fi networks

Google recently met with Sony to discuss how users could use their PSPs to access municipal Wi-Fi networks, which Google hopes to bring to the San Francisco area and beyond. The San Francisco network would be free to the city and its users, to an extent—Google will likely offer a premium service, featuring higher speeds for paying customers. In addition, with the proper network access installed on the PSP, Google could deliver location-specific ads to gamers. That is, Google can track which access point the PSP is connecting through and send out an ad for a business around the block.

Source Joystiq

More info --> http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/...ificity_1.html

Wahhoo! Good thing I live in the Bay Area, now when I go out to SF I can play on my PSP and not be harassed by bums, hookers, and the random she-male.

I heard that google was going to do this in San Jose too. Kinda cool that their giving something back to the community, in a way. If this accually works I could see this killing alot of subscription internet services People could use the "free" wireless offered for email and low end browsing.

Go Google!

Thread Information