Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero game is blasted by Oasis star Noel Gallagher

Blog Entries

General games Guitar Hero game is blasted by Oasis star Noel Gallagher

OASIS rocker Noel Gallagher has hit out at console music simulator Guitar Hero by saying "playing a guitar is not a f***ing video game".

The outspoken guitarist laid into the title, a favourite among millions of youngsters, for trivialising music.

He said: "When I meet kids, I always tell them playing a guitar is not a f***ing video game, there is no level to get to.

"You'll never master it and you'll never complete the game."

However, Gallagher, 41, conceded it was preferable to traditional video games.

He added: "If it puts little plastic guitars into kids' hands and fires their imaginations, I guess it's a good thing."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...6908-21093347/

I think this is probably the most smartest rant Noel Gallagher has said recently. Playing Guitar is not pressing buttons to a beat of a song.

heh, i had totally forgotten about these douches, checking their website they have done more than i had expected, considering the last thing i heard was "puke green chevy novra" or whatever, right after they proclaimed they were going to be bigger than the beetles

i do agree with the mouthy little *@#!ch, playing guitar is more than pushing color coded buttons when being prodded, but of course being bigger than the beetles takes more than making a couple trippy videos and laying on a retarded haircut along with beard ...

thats life for you, learn from experiences, and be a bitter $#@!, cause someone else dares to dream like you once did

Oh who the hell cares!!! You could pick up a 4 buttoned peripheral or a classic stratocaster, you just choose the one you enjoy

Well the closest thing from going from guitar hero to a real guitar would probably be a Casio DG-20 LOL

But really? Common its a freaking game.. Nobody plays Nascar and suddenly thinks they can be a professional race car driver.

Quote Originally Posted by pibs View Post
    Nobody plays Nascar and suddenly thinks they can be a professional race car driver.
    i cant !?!

Quote Originally Posted by pibs View Post
    Well the closest thing from going from guitar hero to a real guitar would probably be a Casio DG-20 LOL

But really? Common its a freaking game.. Nobody plays Nascar and suddenly thinks they can be a professional race car driver.
    Actually some people do think that!!! I remember hearing about someone who was world champion at some rally game, then decided to enter a car in a wrc event, and predictably he crashed

I've been playing guitar for 7 years. I like playing games too. I tried guitar hero, I just didn't care for it.

It's fine to enjoy it as a game, but any serious amount of time spent playing it could be better put to use, like playing a real instrument.

The guy is right though. You never "beat" playing guitar. Your always learning, always improving.

DCEmu Rookie

Everyone knows that playing guitar hero is not the same as playing guitar. This guy was just looking for publicity as he hasn't made a good song in at least 10 years. The good thing about guitar hero is that it actually gets people interested in music.

Also playing guitar hero is fun but it doesn't make me think I can just pick up a guitar and jam out. :rofl:

DCEmu Regular

Who cares about guitar hero! I'm waiting for Keytar Hero. That will blow away Guitar Hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information