Thread: Psp Newbie Needs Suggestions

Default Psp Newbie Needs Suggestions

Hi there.

I just set up map this on my PHAT PSP CFW % M33-6 and I'd like your opinion on what to do next.

Better buying PSP-290 or Houlx GPS?

Where can I get GEODATAS of Italy and Spain?

Does GO!EXPLORE work in a sinilar way if compared to Map This??

Thanx

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fede.caiulo View Post
    Hi there.

I just set up map this on my PHAT PSP CFW % M33-6 and I'd like your opinion on what to do next.

Better buying PSP-290 or Houlx GPS?

Where can I get GEODATAS of Italy and Spain?

Does GO!EXPLORE work in a sinilar way if compared to Map This??

Thanx

1. Personaly I got the psp-290, but I have a slim psp (less interferance)

PSP-290 is slick and small, but might have hard time getting a fix with a fat psp. You might need a mini-usb extension (with power pin)

Holux is probably also small... You will need a "special" cable to connect it to your psp (which isn't that hard to make IMHO) It could also be used on a PC (serial port/maybe usb is combined with a USB TO RS232 cable) if this is something you might want to use later. It should have no problem to get a fix (as you can put it far from the psp) ... BUT, you can't use it with Go!Explore (as of today and probably ever)

2. I dont have any clues... Anyone could explain me a bit more what's the use of getting GeoData? I'm from canada and shouldn't have problem getting them... but I don't know if i NEED them... which feature does it serve in MapThis ? Search for adress ?... there is still no "routing" ? (sorry for thread hijacking!)

3. I got Go!Explore but didn't have any way to try it with the GPS (no map for Canada), but it have 3D building and auto-route/route generation feature (which is a must!). I don't know if the maps are up to date (compare to GMDL generated maps from google...). Only work with PSP-290

Hope this help you a bit

Thanx!

It definetely sort me out a bit...

Route generation on the fly is a big lack for Map This and if you say Go!Explore has it I would probably opt for the PSP-290 suitable for the software.

Geodata are basically civic numbers and street name of a map without those it becomes impossible to look for addresses and streets.

What about Go! Explore POI's and Icons? Can you download them straight from the net??

Thread Information