Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Photo Manager 1.0.0 Released (with new KOS Dreameye driver)

DCEmu Regular

I think that u cant use as a live camera with ur dreamcast internet anymore and its a shame cause its a web camera.So it would be great someday to use it for your live chat through Dreamcast..
    Also uploading videos aand photos from your dreameye to net(throu dreamcast always)
    Is this possible?I mean do you have any idea of how this will make it happen?

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cast128dreams View Post
    I think that u cant use as a live camera with ur dreamcast internet anymore and its a shame cause its a web camera.So it would be great someday to use it for your live chat through Dreamcast..
    Also uploading videos aand photos from your dreameye to net(throu dreamcast always)
    Is this possible?I mean do you have any idea of how this will make it happen?
    Two things will have to happen before that will be at all possible:
    1. KallistiOS will need a real, working TCP stack. This will take a bit of time, but I'd like to see this one happen sometime in the near future (no promises though).
    2. The encoding of the "video mode" of the camera will have to be figured out. The images passed back from photos taken on the camera are standard JPEGs, which is why it was fairly easy to make them work after figuring out how to talk to the camera. I can get the camera to give me back the "video" frames, but they are encoded with some compression that I can find almost no information about online. This will have to be figured out before any sort of video recording can be done.

So, the short answer is, don't expect any sort of video chat mode for a while. I'll attempt to make it happen, but I can't promise when it will.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab View Post
    What exactly was the problem you ran into?

I made an ISO file of your files in PowerISO.

Then I used BootDreams and burned it out.

The Dreamcast couldn´t read it, and the cd-player meny show up.

You should be using bootdreams for the whole process. There's no reason to create an ISO separately (and I'd be willing to bet that the problem is that your ISO was not created properly).
    Sylverant PSO Server

DCEmu Newbie

I did what you told me and used bootdreams for the whole process.

I created now a cdi image with bootdreams and then burned it.

The Dreamcast boots up and I now see a white screen in a few sec, and then the Dreamcasts main meny appear.

So I´m kinda stuck right now.

If you are kind, and want to help me, you could make a cdi-image for me (and others of course), and see if it will work better this time.

Have some other tried it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Voldo View Post
    I did what you told me and used bootdreams for the whole process.

I created now a cdi image with bootdreams and then burned it.

The Dreamcast boots up and I now see a white screen in a few sec, and then the Dreamcasts main meny appear.

So I´m kinda stuck right now.

If you are kind, and want to help me, you could make a cdi-image for me (and others of course), and see if it will work better this time.

Have some other tried it out?
    I actually use Mac OS X, so CDI creation is somewhat out of the question. Anyway, I just created a CD of Dream Photo Manager with the archive that's up for download and basically the same steps that BootDreams would use if you had it do the burning internally with CDRecord. You should be able to extract the .tar.bz2 file and run BootDreams over the resulting directory with no problem at all.
    Sylverant PSO Server

DCEmu Newbie

I actually use Mac OS X, so CDI creation is somewhat out of the question. Anyway, I just created a CD of Dream Photo Manager with the archive that's up for download and basically the same steps that BootDreams would use if you had it do the burning internally with CDRecord. You should be able to extract the .tar.bz2 file and run BootDreams over the resulting directory with no problem at all.

Man it works, and omg, there was 19 pictures in it that the owner I bought from has taken. Cute japanese boy with snow ^.^ This will be fun to watch.

And thank you very much for the guide. Usually burn with iso and cdi, but have learn me something today.

DCEmu Regular

Two things will have to happen before that will be at all possible:
    1. KallistiOS will need a real, working TCP stack. This will take a bit of time, but I'd like to see this one happen sometime in the near future (no promises though).
    2. The encoding of the "video mode" of the camera will have to be figured out. The images passed back from photos taken on the camera are standard JPEGs, which is why it was fairly easy to make them work after figuring out how to talk to the camera. I can get the camera to give me back the "video" frames, but they are encoded with some compression that I can find almost no information about online. This will have to be figured out before any sort of video recording can be done.

So, the short answer is, don't expect any sort of video chat mode for a while. I'll attempt to make it happen, but I can't promise when it will.
    The Dreameye has to be like pc webcams.Thats the Reason why sega made the Dreameye.It would be great some day blue crab to create a program for Dreameye which will use all the power of it.And i mean:
    Live web chat
    Save photos and Videos to VMU
    Upload a video or a photo
    and some more spicy options like
    recording effects like.canvas,watermarks,black and white,sepia,etc
    Edit tool and special effects for photos.

I know its difficult Blue Crab : ( I wish i could help u to make this happen cause i really love the Dreameye and its a shame that u cant use it nowadays with your Dreamcast BBA...

But u did the first step.You are the first you made homebrew drivers for Dreameye and i really appriciate that.

Also do you know that Dreameye has a software Cd in its Sega package?..you can get an idea of how Dreameye is working!!..And so u can use the same technique in your program(generally speaking i have no idea about programming)

Have you tried this official Dreameye software before blue crab?

Quote Originally Posted by Cast128dreams View Post
    The Dreameye has to be like pc webcams.Thats the Reason why sega made the Dreameye.It would be great some day blue crab to create a program for Dreameye which will use all the power of it.And i mean:
    Live web chat
    Possible, as mentioned before, but very difficult.
    Save photos and Videos to VMU
    Photos would be possible, video not so much (there's not nearly enough space on a VMU for this to be useful)
    Upload a video or a photo
    Possible, but needs real networking support (like video chat).
    and some more spicy options like
    recording effects like.canvas,watermarks,black and white,sepia,etc
    Edit tool and special effects for photos.
    All possible, doubt that I'll do them any time soon.

I know its difficult Blue Crab : ( I wish i could help u to make this happen cause i really love the Dreameye and its a shame that u cant use it nowadays with your Dreamcast BBA...

But u did the first step.You are the first you made homebrew drivers for Dreameye and i really appriciate that.
    Thanks, it feels good to be appreciated.

Also do you know that Dreameye has a software Cd in its Sega package?..you can get an idea of how Dreameye is working!!..And so u can use the same technique in your program(generally speaking i have no idea about programming)

Have you tried this official Dreameye software before blue crab?
    Yes, I know about the official Dreameye software, but sadly it is probably of no help at this point. Studying the official software with an emulator (or something like DreamICE) would be helpful in figuring out how it communicates (the part that's already done), not so much how to decode the video.
    Sylverant PSO Server

I have been a dreameye user for years, and today i found out about this little application, you cant believe how excited i was. I cant wait to try this out! Thank you so much BlueCrab for developing this, i hope you keep up the good work!

My question is, could you make this work with the SD card reader that is going to be released for the Dreamcast? Can you imagine being able to save your dreameye photos directly to an SD card? I would die!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information