Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTYL 0.3 for PSP Released

Okay, I just played around with the 2.00 version for a few hours and its strange. Some games work better than they did with 0.2c if the settings are done right. A lot of games however, don't run as good as they do on 0.2c. I love a lot of the new menu & config options in 0.3.

I am very interested in what settings are working best for people. I have no doubt that the me version for 1.5 Firmware performs better. I'll have to try it out.

Thanks again for this EMU. It is progress and that is surely welcome.

Default Fix for graphics output

Quote Originally Posted by T-2000
    i thought mario kart had graphics b4 ? now just part graphics part brown screen...lol plz correct me if i wrong ??/
    T-2000, just change the gfx mode from PSP ACCELLERATION to PSP ACCU+SOFT and that should display the game correctly. Worked for me.

Don't have the time to test many games because I'm in work.

But I did a test on Legend of Zelda 3 (as I play that the most) -

In version 03 I could only get a framerate of 20fps with no enemies on screen at 266mhz. When enemies appear it drops to 14-15fps.

In version 02c I get a steady framerate of 30fps with the same settings, and with enemies on screen it only drops to 27-28fps.

I'm delighted that this is still being worked on, as I'm sure it'll be sorted.

(also, the problem I have with the black screen appearing and the ROM's not loading sometimes is still present in the new version 03.)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    T-2000, just change the gfx mode from PSP ACCELLERATION to PSP ACCU+SOFT and that should display the game correctly. Worked for me.
    yep thx, still too slow to play though.. great emu for non tasking roms..

i dont want to put the creators of this emu down but this post is directed at those who say it runs games at full speed. quite frankly it doesnt.
    i have only a handful of games and they all ran acceptably on my previous version.
    try starfox using hardware accelerated only. it doesnt show any of the 3d meaning 3d isnt hardware accelerated yet. turn on approx software or acc software and it then shows but its like a slide show.
    starfox2 beta doesnt run yet, and neither does out of this world.
    the only games i have that run faster than my current emu is streetfighter alpha 2, mariocart and super empire strikes back.
    i dont doubt that they did a lot of work on this emu but in my eyes it has still got some way to go, which is a real shame as i know they have made it a lot better than before. most of the games before were either unplayable or plain didnt work, now at least thats better.
    mode7 games seem to run better on this emu however so it is good for the likes of mariocart and for that reason itll be staying on my psp alongside the other version.

I love it when people diss this crappy emulator because Ive always thought it sucked from day 1

Im a FIRM supporter of Ys efforts, I think these guys should just take his emu and apply the GPU acceleration to it.

Personaly I like to have both the analog and dpad working at the same time, I dunno why i just do

I ALSO like to be able to configure the keys for each game and have it load the rom with all the settings where I like them.

2 BIG things that the Y32 version does that this doesnt.

also. it sounds like CRAPPP

I don't know why people are hating so much, if you don't like it, then don't use it. I personally love this emu. I'm using the ME version and playing ff5 and it runs at full speed now on 266 with sound.

This is a free emulator, if you don't like it don't use it, if you're gonna complain, complain by issuing bug reports so the author can fix the bugs, don't complain and make the author want to quit altogether.

Works really nice for me : clear improvements in Star Wars, Flashback and Street Fighter 2

1.5 ME version. 333 chip speed+ 44 sound freq.

Nice work chaps

I haven't tried this yet... but I pretty sure it's better... just a different kind of better... guys it's only 0.3 ver... I can see that there will be alot of work that is still need to be done... and we are at a turning point... just wait a while things will be improved ^_^

Snes_TYL Coder

ok, enough with stupidity !

here's some things to know :

1/Y's work is nice and there's no war between Y & us, we even thought about
    merging our work... But right now we don't have so much time for this

2/if you don't like s9xTYL, then don't use it but stop saying stupid things (hello illegal machine), since
    - s9xTYL has settings per game, including configurable input
    - speed is most of the time far faster in snes9xTYL
    - superfx, sa1 & special chipset games are as slow in Y than s9xTYL since
    PSP cannot provide enough cpu power. So starfox will never be playable
    - starfox cannot be 3D accelerated, it would require to port the game,
    which means nintendo sending us the sourcecode => chances are this never to happen

3/for people having issues with speed, try to delete every files in your PROFILES directory (or at least move then).
    I suspect an issue while importing older settings file.

4/me version produces artifacts in sound, I've explained this already on my forum.
    The process to move sound mixing to media engine is complex and right now there's still issues with sync between main cpu & me cpu (accessing the same data used for sound data at the same time but with different caches).

5/from my own tests, version 0.2c & standard version 0.3 should have about the same speed. 0.3 should be faster on mode 7 rendering when there's not rotation (more visible in approx soft. render).

6/current me version isn't fullspeed (I mean not what it could be) due to a try to fix the sound artifacts. In fact it fixes nothing (I've noticed that this morning) and it slows the sound mixing a lot.
    I'll put a new version soon, still with artifacts but faster!

7/remember this is done for free and needs huge amount of time to be done.
    For example, I spent weeks trying to get network code to be playable, but it ended in too much desync, lost of connection and too slow emulation to be playable.
    Regarding this last specific feature (network coding), I suppose I'll publish the
    sourcecode so that another coder with 2 psp's & more time will be able to help.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information