Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: GBA Emulator for PSP 0.01

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice work Miemt11. You constantly suprise me with the quality in your releases. Do you have your own site? If you don't, I'm pretty sure wraggs could host one for you on the DCemu network.

DCEmu Newbie

If you could make a version with the analog stick disabled my life would be wonderful.
    thanks anyway tho.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lodis
    Perhaps emulators may never reach full potential under 2.0 firmware. I started thinking this after using Snes TYL 1.5 version ME(kenel mode) compared to the 2.0 version (User Mode). If the GBA emulator ever uses, for example the Media Engine for sound mixing then I assume this can only be done in Kernel Mode. There may be other optimisations and techniques that take some of the load of the main CPU that can only be accessed in kernel mode as well but I am only talking theory here.

I hope this emulator is worked on, it already runs ''Yu Yu Hakusho - Tournament Tactics'' pretty much full speed with frame skip 2 (with bad sound). The only issue I noticed, although minor is it took quite a long time to do a state save. Keep up the good work and you have our full support as im sure you noticed.
    Yeah but still there is an usermode version (though unfortunatelly the better one is high on kernel - just glad that 2.0 and 2.+ still get some share of the action ).

1.5 will become more rare over time as the really great tittles, PS3 and usefull functions are released with newer firmwares (which judging by the news I read here is going to happen.. what do you know, Sony is releasing something useful!) will make ppl upgrade... We can always dream that one day Sony realises that apart from UMD piracy (which I guess they could always block) they would profit from homebrew and we would be happy and not hate their guts (this sounds unreal even to me)...

About the emu I say: great job. I cant actually test it myself (2.0 and won't downgrade unless a web browser better than Sony's comes to 1.5) but I'm glad you didn't let the project die and picked it up wher it stopped. I only hope NesterJ and RIN ever get another gifted coder deving them (NerterJ still has some sprites issues - see Megaman 2 for instance - and that odd vertical bar in one of the screen sides; RIN could also use some updates to get faster... Who knows if at a really late development stage the GBA emu wont run GB and GBC... we can alway dream right ; both NesterJ and RIN need an "Exit" option on the menu - that is pretty basic and helpfull to us 2.0 or 2.+ since it's always better and more stable than a L+R+Start exit).

From what I've read it will be really hard to emulate GBA on the PSP but I hope that the difficulty or ungratefull noobs thrashing at it (when they don't know what they say) will disencourage you. I only hoped I could give you my help but no coding is learned at med...

I would be really happy if this runs in 2.0 in a near future... I think Fanjita said he sort of knew the source of the prob of roms load (with the previous one in which src you continued deving). Talk with him. He always seems very happy to help others to dev for the PSP. Maybe if he gives you some clues in what makes it not loading roms in 2.0... Who knows...

I hope it'll eventually run on my 2.0 (next loader version who knows). Anyways keep at it man. This project really needed someone to pick it up

DCEmu Newbie

Wow! Great work, this isn't what I had expected at all, I didn't expect anything higher than 5-10 fps, but some games I tried worked really great, 100% with around 3 frameskip. The sound sure is crap, but I'm not complaining, and shouldn't be!

Just keep it up! Superb work

Quote Originally Posted by uranidiot
    another gba emu...BIG WOOP! INPRESS ME WITH 2.1+ COMPATABILITY. stop reinventing the wheel!
    hey, YOU ARE AN IDIOT, Stop fking complaining for something that these people are working SOO hard for, FirsT we have to get it to get full speed and then Sound then 2.0 support. ( i have 2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkee
    Internet and bashing of age... Anyone who is over 25 WON'T be on this site fellas. Workin people are too busy actually working, chances are 95% of the people here are minors. Gotta find better ways of subduing the disrespecting idiots. Comment on their penis size, that always works.
    i agree with this dude, stop freaking bashing age because if you are 26+ WOOOOOW you are a loser.

PSP User

This is great. I was just recently wondering if anyone would pick up this emu since the source was out. Once it works on 2.0 and is pretty playable (I think it already is or is very close), I will be so happy because I'll never have to bring my PSP and my GBA on trips or anything .

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So i started playing around with it. Got a good half hour in it. I must say this is quite the jump in speed. Runs almost 75% full speed (without sound). Good stuff miemt11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    Do you have your own site? If you don't, I'm pretty sure wraggs could host one for you on the DCemu network.

Quote Originally Posted by uranidiot
    another gba emu...BIG WOOP! INPRESS ME WITH 2.1+ COMPATABILITY. stop reinventing the wheel!
    if i invented the wheel but it was too slow. id be more than happy to see somebody reinvent (or modify) the wheel eventually to full speed. you greasy mayonnaise head.

WOW

chuchurocket is damn near full speed and VERY playable!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information