Thread: Saving Multiple GPS recordings?

Default Saving Multiple GPS recordings?

Hi all I think this is like my first post here but I have been using mapthis for quite some time now. Thanks Densika for this program it once you've used mapthis I don't want to use any other GPS.

Anyway my questions is, is there a way to save the GPS recording data (the one in GPS.txt) to more than one file? As opposed to having to rewrite the file everytime you start another recording, or me having to plug it into a laptop and copy the file over everytime I stop recording.

I've been playing with the recording and it works great with the gpsvisualizer page and google earth. I wanted to use it so I could record my my motorcycle rides. I'm going in to 2 day rides so I wanted to be able to shut my PSP off or at least exit mapthis and still retain the data from day 1 so I can write up a ride report when I get back.

DCEmu Pro

Last year I made some changes to GPS recording to it saves to a POI file. A new one is created every time you start recording. You can find it here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...268#post551268.

Thanks Nieko, I'll give it a try.

Would I be able to convert the POI file to google earth like how it was done on the gpsvisualizer page?

DCEmu Pro

Not sure. It is a CSV file after all, so it should be possible somewhere .

Did some field testing today, it works great Nieko. :thumbup: Took a quick spin with the car and I was able to pull up the POI data in mapthis instantly and when I got home I open the POI file in common and farkled with the data abit. I was able to get GPS visualizer to convert it to a google earth kmz file. =)

If anyone was wondering here is the process I used to convert the POI file to a kmz or whatever you want through gps visualizer with Nieko's version of Mapthis:

1.) Open your POI file in the PSP/COMMON folder in a word processor like MS word

2.) Delete the very first line: !WAYPOINT

3.) Replace where !WAYPOINT was with: latitude,longitude

4.) Go to GPS visualizer for Google Earth conversions at: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=googleearth

5.) Copy your data from MSWORD into the text box where it tells your to "paste your data here"

6.) Click on the Create KML box

7.) Download your KMZ file

8.) Open Google Earth and open your KMZ file FINISHED =)

Thread Information