Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Outlook

DCEmu Newbie

Dear PSmonkey,
    As you decided to rewrite from scratch the development of your nincest64 psp emulator.
    Is it possible to release the lastest source code just for our information ?

I am very interested by writting my own N64 emu on psp, I already take a look on other source code coming from N64 PC port.

I wish you the best for your future N64 emu on PSP.

Regards

caviar

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by caviar
    Dear PSmonkey,
    As you decided to rewrite from scratch the development of your nincest64 psp emulator.
    Is it possible to release the lastest source code just for our information ?

I am very interested by writting my own N64 emu on psp, I already take a look on other source code coming from N64 PC port.

I wish you the best for your future N64 emu on PSP.

Regards

caviar
    Why start your own? I need more coders because I need to also work on iris. So if you're skilled enough, you're more then welcome to join up on M64. I'm far from a credit hog (so you will get all fame and glorry with it also).

PSP Coder

Small updates on progress. I got the base down for registers last night. I still need to write a bit more to finish off the memory handlers. I am thinking to do a test run of the first 5 - 10 opcodes as soon as finish the memory system. If all goes well I will implement DMA, Timers & Interupts next. After that I think it's just a straight shot on opcode implementation untill I get a few demo's running. From there I will need to expand some exception code & posibly some basic rsp code.

So thats about it for now. Hopefuly i'll be executing my first opcode at lunch.

--edit--
    Sweet, This post is 8 bits :P (256th post).

So how long do you think the M64 will take to get Mario 64 running. If you need help on the M64 go to pspupdates.com, in the forums there is always many good coders that are always wlling to help. Keep up the amazing work!!!!

middlemaniac: Just for your information some of these programmers would just Laugh and say no this wont work. The majority of them think they know everything. Some actually are really good and would love to help. IF this project shoots off like it should do, many PSP developers might change their views about things not working and start something.

IF everyone is just patient for now (for PSmonkeys sake) we might see some progress.
    There arent many people out there who would do this for free (like PSmonkey). Anyhow its good to see so much support towards his project and it seems to be making overnight stretches.

Good on ya guys!

PSP Coder

We are a go. we have monkey lift off.

Anyways I finished off a basic memory system (kind of very close to nincest but not as buggy). It shal do for now. Anyways I dedided to go ahead and see if this stuff is even working. So yes now monkey 64 executes its first 3 opcodes (But i'm cheating since all 3 are the same opcode performing a different condition :P MTC0).

Anyways it's gratifying seeing it run its first opcode after being up till 3 am last night trying to get registers and memory system started. Yay. Now on to a few more opcodes and timers/interupts.

so Does this mean your back at the N64 Label Screen Because that was amazing
    Good luck

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by chickenclaws
    so Does this mean your back at the N64 Label Screen Because that was amazing
    Good luck
    Ha ha ha. Not even close. I have a while till then.

Hi again,

I have a few more questions about iris...

1. Will iris support hl weapons?

2. Will you be able to modify the bullets? like say you want to have a plasma type gun?

3. Will you have a modifiable file where you can set the distance, speed, accuracy and damage of a weapon? if so, are you going to add a limiter to it ( so that if you do have multiplayer, you cant set the damage settings so high to the point that its unfair )?

4. Will there be the availibility of pick ups?( health packs, sheilds, extra damage, ect. )

5. Are you going to add vehicles in the game?

6. Will you have the availibity of having meele weapons?

7. Will the game chug if you have a big map with lots of high res. textures? if so, what would be the limit without the chug?

8. What would the controls be like? could you give an example?

9. Out of curiosity... what type of guns are you looking at putting in the game?

10. When do you think you will release Iris V .15?

thats the last of my questions!!!

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

PSP Coder

Man PSPD, You have many questions. :P

1. Will iris support hl weapons?
    I would guess so since they are apart of the model animation. I still dont know much about the HL format.

2. Will you be able to modify the bullets? like say you want to have a plasma type gun?
    Unsure atm. Maybe by 0.2 but that might be too much work to make it in in time. At min you will be able to replace the object texture.

3. Will you have a modifiable file where you can set the distance, speed, accuracy and damage of a weapon? if so, are you going to add a limiter to it ( so that if you do have multiplayer, you cant set the damage settings so high to the point that its unfair )?
    Unsure atm. Maybe and maybe not. Maybe I might build a CRC system check so if someone loads custom properties, everybody must match up for the game to execute or master settings are sent to all (either way so its level regardless how rediculus the settings are).

4. Will there be the availibility of pick ups?( health packs, sheilds, extra damage, ect. )
    Yes just been slow on doing this. I already started them but never finished due to time.

5. Are you going to add vehicles in the game?
    Near Future, No way in hell (since they are custom things). In the future its a maybe. My main goal for iris was more indoor fps then large outdoor areas.

6. Will you have the availibity of having meele weapons?
    In good time & when I have models that have meele weapons yes.

7. Will the game chug if you have a big map with lots of high res. textures? if so, what would be the limit without the chug?
    Yes the map will chug. You as a map maker have to strike a ballance. The issue is mostly from streaming textures from main memory to the display is ungodly costly. Even the quake 2 maps I am using are pushing it too much.

8. What would the controls be like? could you give an example?
    No clue. They evolve with the need for the game.

9. Out of curiosity... what type of guns are you looking at putting in the game?
    I want atm 1 explosion weapon & 1 new main weapon (like maybe shotgun?).

10. When do you think you will release Iris V .15?
    Unsure. I keep pushing it back a bit atm till i can finish the base rewrite of monkey 64. Once thats out the door (hopefuly by monday) I can get back on iris full time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information