Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Outlook

PSP Coder

Monkey 64 update,

I've finaly got alot of the base code done but still need to do some more & get almost all the opcodes nincest had back in. Once this is done I should hopefuly be back to running PD roms & hopefuly a few more PD roms. So hopefuly early next week I will post a new build of M64 with source.

Iris update,
    As noted above, I am trying to finish the m64 base before I jump fully into iris again to get that 0.15 version out. Mostly for 0.15 I have to fix some issues in the clipping system still (its not properly clipping polygon colors.) & tweak some input so it wont be much longer till release. :P

Just wondering, what are PD roms? Also, what does it mean when you finish the base? Does it mean the N64 sign will come up again?

PSP Coder

Finish base means the more critical things needed for a functional emulator will be done. Not all opcodes will be implemented nor will the RSP/RDP (signal processor & display processor), input, sound and few others. Base to me will be the demos executing game code. Atm i am still stuck in boot code. My first release for monkey will be once i get fire, star & few new demos running. Its quite posible the waverace logo will also work for the release.

Also PD = Public Domain, Its another way of saying homebrew or freeware roms. Its the n64 version of psp homebrew.

Argh, going to...die of no...Iris Update yet...Must hold...in there longer...
    (This is a kind way of saying hurry up ) lol

Good Job! Can't wait to play mario 64 or super smash brothers on my psp.

PSP Coder

*sings*
    Yay progress.

I found a stupid bug I made in my timer code (actualy the bug was the lack of an important line of code) that made it refresh the screen once after 10 mins then go into a odd loop. As a result roms are starting to move closer twards working. I still have bugs blocking things from working (they're actualy getting stuck in an infinant loop atm) but atleast they are now starting to run & refresh the screen a few cycles. Current indications have the framerate at around 3fps or 8fps (unsure of atm since it flashes a near 3fps at the start then stays at above 8fps while in the inf loop). Either way it beats the $#@! out of 1.8fps. :P

Regarding iris. I am actualy going to take a little longer on 0.15, why? I got currious today and want to see how viable bump mapping would be in the engine. So if all turns out nice the first build might have low res bump maps introduced into the pipeline. Why low res? Erm, 3-4 render passes of a 256x256 image wont be pretty on the framerate (so thinking maybe low res bump mapping 64x64 might work nice).

sweeeeet great work dude i can almost taste the mario64 love

PSP Coder

I found the infinant loop but yet to find the bug. It seems I'm branching on an opcode I should not have branched on (the values should have been equal) wich in turn branches me to an opcode that will push me into an infinant loop. So I have to trace down the bug but I think it might be a bad XOR opcode. Have to find out today when i can get back to my code at lunch.

hey man thats ok but we love iris and all but we can wait you take lunch and eat rest or do whatever you want to do

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by chickenclaws
    hey man thats ok but we love iris and all but we can wait you take lunch and eat rest or do whatever you want to do
    Its fine. Coding is my medication for life's problems. Just today I got a nice rejection letter from a studio here in montreal (it's not ubi, *shifty eyes*). So working on Monkey64 cheared me up today even if it was filled with tracing a mathamatical error in one of my opcodes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information