Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBA & PSX Emulators

DCEmu Newbie

Default GBA & PSX Emulators

Question 1: Does the Playstation Emulator run fine and all the ISOs such as Final Fantasy VII,VIII,IX?

Question 2: Will they ever make a GBA Emulator what works on PSP Firmware 2.0!?!?

1. The psx emu is a alpha release it doesnt play any iso yet

2.I dont know maybe

DCEmu Newbie

so whats it for then!?....its basically a waste of time if it cant play anything o.O?

Damn they need to make a GBA Emulator what accually works!

One Wing is right the PSX Emulator for the PSP is just a alpha release but go take a look at the development of the GPX2's PSX Emulator it is running pretty good right now. Hopefully the one for the PSP will see some development improvements soon.

The GBA Emulator has recently been updated and taken over I believe by a new coder/developer so lets hope to see updates more frequently.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, Miemt11 has done amazing work in his GBA emulator. Some games are playable. Pacmanfan has been diligently working on his PSX emualtor as well. Not playable yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzo
    so whats it for then!?....its basically a waste of time if it cant play anything o.O?

Waste of time?!? Its only in Alpha release at the moment just to show us all it can be done.. Updates are slowly being done.. if you want it so bad maybe you should make one yourself..!

DCEmu Regular

If you had spent alot of time working on a project in your spare time and then decided to release an alpha demo just to show the community that something was being worked and you saw someone stating it was a waste of time how would you feel?

I think too many take all of this work for granted and have no respect. You must be forgetting that they are under no obligations to ''make'' anything at all and they are doing it for free. If you think it is a waste of time then simply code your own. I have compared the first Psp Psx demo with the second release and alot of progress in speed has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodis
    If you had spent alot of time working on a project in your spare time and then decided to release an alpha demo just to show the community that something was being worked and you saw someone stating it was a waste of time how would you feel?

I think too many take all of this work for granted and have no respect. You must be forgetting that they are under no obligations to ''make'' anything at all and they are doing it for free. If you think it is a waste of time then simply code your own. I have compared the first Psp Psx demo with the second release and alot of progress in speed has been made.
    I'd probably be alittle pissed but then I would realize that the person making such a comment was a complete waste of oxygen and other natural resources and want to slap their parent's for reproducing.

DCEmu Newbie

Well if Starwing/Starfox doesnt even work on SNES-Emu how the hell do u expect them to make a PSX one you wount even be able to play anything...

DCEmu Newbie

Well if Starwing/Starfox doesnt even work on SNES-Emu how the hell do u expect them to make a PSX one you wount even be able to play anything...
    Please, thats not a fact. If you can't back up your statements then do not post information like this. Starfox used a special chip called the SuperFX which is difficult to emulate, yoyofr (tyl dev) is working on adding vfpu support for games like this which should provide a nice speedup. Most emulators are not using the PSP to its full potential, TYL, with its release of 0.3ME is getting close, but theres still many more things left to be done.

60fps for some PSX games is quite possible..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information