Thread: Japanese PSP better one to buy?

Default Japanese PSP better one to buy?

Hi all,

looking to buy a PSP very soon ...I have seen a few sites selling the japanese versions (white) some loading with emulators etc ...is theer any advnatage on having the japanese one?

I have heard better screen, and also somewhere mentioned it is multiregion for movies or games?

thanks

DCEmu Regular

The Japanese ones have a better quality screen and will play more UMD movie regions than USA versions.

DCEmu Rookie

i thought the White ones are from China? That's what the person said when i bought mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever~Zero
    i thought the White ones are from China? That's what the person said when i bought mine.
    Not "ALL" white PSP's are made in china.. Heres a tip.. Where the PSP's battery is, just take the battery out out and there will be some information there telling where your PSP is made.. Japan.. China.. Along with some other useful information.. Anyway my white PSP is made in Japan..

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lodis
    The Japanese ones have a better quality screen and will play more UMD movie regions than USA versions.
    I'm gonna have to raise the bulls**t flag on that one.

The screens on all models are manufactured by Samsung AND they all carry the same SKU#.

The big hype behind the Japanese models is that firmware 1.0 only exists on them.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by .:PSP1.0:.
    Not "ALL" white PSP's are made in china.. Heres a tip.. Where the PSP's battery is, just take the battery out out and there will be some information there telling where your PSP is made.. Japan.. China.. Along with some other useful information.. Anyway my white PSP is made in Japan..
    Oh ok my bad. Means that the place where i got mine has their Ceramic White PSP from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever~Zero
    Oh ok my bad. Means that the place where i got mine has their Ceramic White PSP from China.

I did'nt mean anything from it man.. We're all here to learn in the end of the day right? And hey.. Did you by any chance get the white giga pack?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by .:PSP1.0:.
    I did'nt mean anything from it man.. We're all here to learn in the end of the day right? And hey.. Did you by any chance get the white giga pack?
    Not critising or anything. The person where i got mine said the white ceramic ones they had came from China. And no i dint get the Ceramic White Giga Pack. I just got the Black Value Pack along with two games. Dint get the Ceramic white one cause i think the black one looks better.

Thread Information