Thread: Whoa! 2600mAh Battery?

Default Whoa! 2600mAh Battery?

http://www.yesasia.com/?/php/affstart.p...&prod=psp-2600

There is an ad for this on the PSP News page. How could someone jam that much power into the battery? And how much will it cost? Seeing the costs of casing/storing hardware, and the constant monotony of switching the uncharged one with the charged one, I would rather sell my two 1800mAh batteries and stick with this big momma. I knew Sony planned to release a 2200mAh for when Gran Turismo 4 is released and Sony kicks the bucket and decided to overclock the CPU, but 2600mAh doesn't even sound possible.

Thoughts?
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    http://www.yesasia.com/?/php/affstart.p...&prod=psp-2600

There is an ad for this on the PSP News page. How could someone jam that much power into the battery? And how much will it cost? Seeing the costs of casing/storing hardware, and the constant monotony of switching the uncharged one with the charged one, I would rather sell my two 1800mAh batteries and stick with this big momma. I knew Sony planned to release a 2200mAh for when Gran Turismo 4 is released and Sony kicks the bucket and decided to overclock the CPU, but 2600mAh doesn't even sound possible.

Thoughts?
    1. Jamming that much power into a battery is easy. It's just that Sony won't put their name on it because they are waiting for GT4 to be released and after which they'll put a heafty premium on them.

From a third party company, however, expect significantly lower prices.($20-$40 range)

2. The CPU ISN'T overclocked at 333MHz. Normally, it's UNDERCLOCKED at 222MHz; this saves the 1800MAh battery from lasting 3hrs...

If you don't believe me, Google the PSP tech specs; you'll see that the processor is designed to run at 333MHz nominal.

Thread Information